innovation - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government and opposition can agree to fix issues holding back Australian startups and innovation, according to Communications Shadow Minister Jason Clare.
By Adam Bender | 09 April, 2014 13:56
Microsoft's BizSpark program for startups, which celebrated its half-decade anniversary earlier this month, has been receiving record interest according to the software vendor's Australian director of developer and platform evangelism, Sarah Vaughan.
By Rohan Pearce | 27 November, 2013 11:19
Five years ago, Nokia dominated the smartphone market. How quickly things change. But before you sit back and think, ‘that won’t happen to me’, take a look at the competitive environment in which your company operates. Daunting, isn’t it?
By Georgina Swan | 05 April, 2011 18:03
PNC Financial Services is targeting 18- to 24-year-olds with its Virtual Wallet, a mobile and online banking service that is designed for people who are setting up their first bank accounts. Since the service launched in August 2008, PNC is averaging 200 new accounts per day, says Michael Ley, vice president at PNC.
By Nancy Gohring | 28 August, 2009 01:35
Whitepapers about innovation
This whitepaper includes detailed analysis following a global survey of IT executives, conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The results confirm the need for a changing mix in how IT services are delivered and consumed, and is expected to continue over the next three years.
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Electoral commission cautions against rush to e-voting
- Google makes Hangouts more enterprise friendly
- Stanford surgical students set sights on Google Glass
- Data#3 acquires 42.5% share in Discovery Technology
- Cheers and jeers over anti-piracy laws
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Android grabs record 85 per cent smartphone share
- FCC chairman grills Verizon over data throttling
- Equity crowdfunding licence approved
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
- Senate committee: Mobile phone 'cramming' widespread, profits carriers
- Oracle-based system for US visas still glitchy after software update
- Countries don't own their Internet domains, ICANN says
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- Internet of Things devices contain high number of vulnerabilities, study finds