innovation - News, Features, and Slideshows
innovation in pictures
The words “innovation” and “public sector” are rarely – if ever – used in the same sentence. Various regulations in the public sector mean most new technology is often adopted very slowly or avoided completely.
By Ashley Howden, KJR | 17 April, 2015 14:11
A tech startup accelerator based in Perth aims to spur innovation in the energy and natural resources (ENR) sector.
By Adam Bender | 05 February, 2015 15:22
Five years ago, Nokia dominated the smartphone market. How quickly things change. But before you sit back and think, ‘that won’t happen to me’, take a look at the competitive environment in which your company operates. Daunting, isn’t it?
By Georgina Swan | 05 April, 2011 18:03
PNC Financial Services is targeting 18- to 24-year-olds with its Virtual Wallet, a mobile and online banking service that is designed for people who are setting up their first bank accounts. Since the service launched in August 2008, PNC is averaging 200 new accounts per day, says Michael Ley, vice president at PNC.
By Nancy Gohring | 28 August, 2009 01:35
Whitepapers about innovation
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev
- Microsoft's Surface Book to reignite OEM hostility
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- How the cloud gives Major League Baseball a new world of stats
- Amazon touts improved cloud security at re:Invent
- Microsoft gets an earful as Office for Mac 2016 users amp ire over crashes
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items