instant messaging - News, Features, and Slideshows
Security researchers have a working prototype of an instant messaging application that aims to thoroughly obscure and scrub evidence that two parties have been chatting.
By Jeremy Kirk | 07 July, 2014 13:35
A stronger set of features, possibly including payments, might be coming to Facebook's messaging properties now that former PayPal president David Marcus has come to work for the social network.
By Zach Miners | 10 June, 2014 10:25
Odds are, you probably don't communicate with friends and family the same way you did a decade ago. The rise of the text message and the fall of the phone call as ways to stay in touch has been precipitous, even if the centrality of email has been unquestioned for far longer than 10 years.
By Jon Gold | 14 May, 2014 03:50
Facebook's messaging application doesn't support encryption, but an open-source chat program, Cryptocat, has made it possible to chat with friends there over an encrypted connection.
By Jeremy Kirk | 13 May, 2014 13:13
Eight percent of online Americans may use Twitter, as the Pew Internet & American Life Project reported on Thursday. But does that mean your small business should use the service in its marketing and communications efforts?
By Katherine Noyes | 11 December, 2010 06:20
Have you checked your work e-mailtoday? If you're like most employees in the United States and United Kingdom, the answer is yes despite the fact that it is not only the weekend, but an extended holiday weekend for most workers in the US. A day off is becoming an increasingly foreign concept as workers stay connected virtually 24/7.
By Tony Bradley | 06 September, 2010 23:43
The popularity of instant messaging has grown exponentially in the past decade, but the communication platform's immediacy presents users with endless opportunities to come off the wrong way. These tips will help you stay in the good graces of your IM buddies.
By Christopher Null | 12 August, 2009 14:34
Integrating enterprise communication tools -- from telephony to e-mail, conferencing and instant messaging -- is the key to delivering a richer collaboration environment that increases productivity. But deployment and management of unified communications systems can be daunting.
By Francois Depayras | 13 August, 2008 09:21
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The CMO Council has partnered with SAP to bring you this report on how to map the operational gap in customer insight and experience, including detailed findings from a 32-question online audit of 245 senior marketing executives across 16 countries.
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business
- TOR patch coming
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
- ARM develops second wave of 64-bit processors
- Apple reports a huge profit but sales disappoint
- Microsoft brings two open source tools to Azure
- Google updates the Maps Explore Nearby feature -- for some users
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Should EMC sell off its 80 per cent stake in VMware?
- Small cell device tech set to connect workplace Wi-Fi with 3G and LTE
- Want an Apple watch? Just 3D print one
- NASA upgrades humanoid robot in space
- What to listen for during Apple's earnings call today