intel - News, Features, and Slideshows
intel in pictures
Business users alarmed by Microsoft's recent announcement that new chips will not run on Windows 7 PCs need not fret. More than 100 business PCs coming with Intel's new "Skylake" Core vPro processors will run Windows 7, though the chips are tuned for Windows 10.
By Agam Shah | 20 January, 2016 05:29
Move over, bitcoin -- the Linux Foundation has big plans for an open distributed ledger system to track and record all sorts of transactions beyond currencies
By Fahmida Y. Rashid | 17 December, 2015 14:00
The Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode) has issued guidelines to make it easier, especially for businesses trying to decide which products to buy.
By Tim Greene | 25 November, 2015 20:27
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
By Loyd Case | 15 July, 2010 01:10
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to know what you're getting into when you settle on a chip for your system. We've rounded up eight of the leading processors on the market and put them through a battery of rigorous tests to help you shop with confidence.
By David Murphy | 23 June, 2010 00:06
Intel's financial backing for Mirantis will aid OpenStack -- and help Intel find future customers for its hardware-based virtualization tech
By Serdar Yegulalp | 25 August, 2015 13:00
There are plenty of cities in the U.S. that want to lay claim to becoming the "next" Silicon Valley, but a dusty desert town in the south of Israel called Beersheva might actually have a shot at becoming something more modest, and more focused. They want to be the first place you think about when it comes to cybersecurity research, education, and innovation. If things go right there, it may well happen.
By David Strom | 11 March, 2015 07:24
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs