intel - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Six technologies that will change PCs next year
- Apple-IBM partnership off to 'impressive' start
- China was brutal to US tech firms in 2014
- Intel to host Jesse Jackson on tech employee diversity
intel in pictures
In an era of slick gadgets, PCs are the dinosaurs, ensnared in wire clutter, sporting tired 2D cameras and stricken with the occasional blue screen of death. Technology coming up in 2015, though, is set to make PCs more interactive, fun and perhaps nosier than you'd like them to be.
By Agam Shah | 17 December, 2014 01:12
The NBASE-T Alliance -- a recently formed umbrella group of networking industry players dedicated to keeping standard Ethernet cabling relevant -- announced a dozen new members on Monday, including big names such as Intel, Qualcomm and Brocade.
By Jon Gold | 16 December, 2014 23:20
The release Tuesday of the U.S. Senate's report that excoriated the Central Intelligence Agency for torturing suspected terrorists will result in retaliation by cyber-hacktivist groups, a security expert predicted today.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 December, 2014 07:28
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
By Loyd Case | 15 July, 2010 01:10
When you're shopping for a new PC, don't meekly settle for the default processor recommended by the configurator. Picking the right CPU is a personal decision that you shouldn't enter into lightly. And with so many options to choose from, you need to know what you're getting into when you settle on a chip for your system. We've rounded up eight of the leading processors on the market and put them through a battery of rigorous tests to help you shop with confidence.
By David Murphy | 23 June, 2010 00:06
Hosting provider Atlantic.net launched a $0.99 per month cloud server this fall, which is significantly less expensive than the $0.013 per hour starting price for market-leader Amazon Web Services' on-demand Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) virtual machines.
By Brandon Butler | 05 December, 2014 00:18
With a series of Cloud announcements on Monday, Microsoft moved to put a stake in the ground with hybrid Cloud computing and emerge from the shadow of Cloud rivals Google and Amazon.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 October, 2014 12:24
Google recently announced a new networking protocol called Thread that aims to create a standard for communication between connected household devices.
By Colin Neagle | 22 July, 2014 05:31
Brian A. Haugabrook, interim CIO at Valdosta State University in Georgia, deployed analytics tools that enable faculty and staff to identify students who need extra help. The effort paid off with higher graduation rates.
By Mary K. Pratt | 09 June, 2014 20:36
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Chinese Android phone maker hides secret backdoor on its devices
- IBM detects skin cancer more quickly with visual machine learning
- ICANN data compromised in spearphishing attack
- US agency sues Sprint for alleged unauthorized charges
- BlackBerry's new Classic smartphone has a physical keyboard, sells for $449
- Microsoft's $84 million man: What's Nadella done to earn it?
- Top five smartphone disappointments of the year
- Is there life on Mars? Mystery (and hope) deepen
- Microsoft helps crack developer problems with Bing-based tool
- Salesforce connects SharePoint files to its cloud with new tool
- Netflix wins Dutch patent suit, can keep operating as usual
- Sony high-res OLED screen attaches to any eyewear
- Tokyo court hears lawsuit against Apple over laptop charger pins
- Vocus to acquire remaining shares in Amcom
- Comms Alliance calls govt plan a 'data creation regime'