intellectual property - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Greens spokesperson for Trade, Senator Peter Whish-Wilson, has written to Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull expressing concerns about the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement (TPP) and its potential changes to intellectual property laws.
By Hamish Barwick | 07 October, 2015 15:23
A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
By Grant Gross | 15 August, 2015 02:29
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 August, 2015 03:11
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
By Grant Gross | 11 August, 2015 05:01
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
By Michael Kan | 07 August, 2015 21:46
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be written.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 19 November, 2013 00:07
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving much too fast on a motorcycle roars up behind us. He is followed by a police car, sirens blaring and blue lights flashing.
By Daniel Goldberg and Linus Larsson | 19 February, 2013 05:02
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near future.
By Loek Essers | 21 December, 2012 16:08
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds to a close.
By Nancy Weil | 12 December, 2012 13:45
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too