Internet-based applications and services - News, Features, and Slideshows
Internet-based applications and services in pictures
Uber Technologies expects to hit over 1 million trips per day in the next six to nine months in India, the largest market outside the U.S. for the ride-hailing company.
By John Ribeiro | 31 July, 2015 16:36
At 140 feet, it has the wingspan of a Boeing 737, but carries no passengers -- and it's much lighter too, weighing in at no more than 1,000 pounds. And within the next couple months, Facebook hopes to get its drone off the ground on an inaugural test flight.
By Zach Miners | 31 July, 2015 06:07
Facebook has posted strong sales results for the second quarter, showing continued success in its advertising business, though its costs also rose sharply.
By Zach Miners | 30 July, 2015 07:46
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
By Nick Barber | 22 May, 2013 17:54
You just left cocktail hour or a networking event and forgot to grab a business card from the person you'd been chatting with. Don't kick yourself. Instead, log on to LinkedIn to do some cyberstalking. It's a much better resource than Facebook, because with just bits and pieces of information, you're still likely to be able to find your target.
By Nick Barber | 12 February, 2013 22:28
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
People may feel overwhelmed by the deluge of email arriving in their inboxes, but will they trust Google to show them the most important messages?
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 October, 2014 06:57
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
CSO Insights recently completed their 21st annual Sales Performance Optimization (SPO) Study, surveying over 1,000 sales organisations worldwide. They found 5 key best practices emerge from the data to help enable sales teams to meet and exceed quotas. In this e-book, we examine the five practices that you can implement today to ensure meeting or exceeding your sales goals in 2015.
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Hacker steals Bitdefender customer log-in credentials, attempts blackmail
- Mozilla slams Microsoft over Windows 10's default browser switcheroo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 31
- Endoscope surgery robot uses air power for a steady touch
- Windows 10 installed on 14 million devices since launch
- Uber investing $1 billion in India, targets 1 million daily rides