Internet-based applications and services - News, Features, and Slideshows
Internet-based applications and services in pictures
If you take the concept of the paperless office seriously, Fujitsu has a meeting room just for you.
By Tim Hornyak | 14 August, 2015 14:11
Apple and Intel are both making progress in their efforts to hire more women and minorities, according to figures released by the companies this week.
By Zach Miners | 14 August, 2015 10:04
Microsoft announced a smorgasbord of improvements to its Yammer enterprise social network today focused on helping people connect more easily with their teams.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 14 August, 2015 07:04
Smartphone users might be better off seeing a doctor than relying on a family of mobile apps to diagnose whether moles on their skin are cancerous.
By Grant Gross | 14 August, 2015 05:27
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
By Nick Barber | 22 May, 2013 17:54
You just left cocktail hour or a networking event and forgot to grab a business card from the person you'd been chatting with. Don't kick yourself. Instead, log on to LinkedIn to do some cyberstalking. It's a much better resource than Facebook, because with just bits and pieces of information, you're still likely to be able to find your target.
By Nick Barber | 12 February, 2013 22:28
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
There are two ways to think about #GamerGate.
By Matt Weinberger | 30 October, 2014 09:03
People may feel overwhelmed by the deluge of email arriving in their inboxes, but will they trust Google to show them the most important messages?
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 October, 2014 06:57
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser