Internet-based applications and services - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Secret, an app for posting anonymously, lets users tap into Facebook
- Facebook's TODO project is a big push to evolve the world of open source
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
Internet-based applications and services in pictures
Microsoft yesterday levered the news that some iPhone owners had to delete content before installing the new iOS 8 with an offer to nearly double the free space for its OneDrive cloud storage service.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 September, 2014 19:54
Legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate on Thursday aims to place limits on access by U.S. law enforcement agencies to emails and other communications stored abroad.
By John Ribeiro | 19 September, 2014 16:54
TwitPic, the image-hosting company that two weeks ago said it would shut down after a trademark dispute with Twitter, has apparently been acquired, keeping its service alive.
By Zach Miners | 19 September, 2014 09:05
Alibaba, an e-commerce giant in China, wants to make new friends in the U.S. Especially friends with money.
By Zach Miners and Michael Kan | 19 September, 2014 08:39
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
By Nick Barber | 22 May, 2013 17:54
You just left cocktail hour or a networking event and forgot to grab a business card from the person you'd been chatting with. Don't kick yourself. Instead, log on to LinkedIn to do some cyberstalking. It's a much better resource than Facebook, because with just bits and pieces of information, you're still likely to be able to find your target.
By Nick Barber | 12 February, 2013 22:28
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
Salesforce.com recently celebrated its 15th year in existence, and as the SaaS (software-as-a-service) vendor races toward US$5 billion in revenue its influence on the industry is being felt more than ever. At the same time, some signs indicate that Salesforce.com is having a few growing pains, as well as showing some trappings of the mega-vendors it once mocked with its "End of Software" marketing campaign.
By Chris Kanaracus | 23 April, 2014 04:37
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
By Marc Ferranti | 06 March, 2014 22:06
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller
- Delve, Office Graph must transcend Office 365 to be revolutionary
- The 2014 Enterprise Architecture Awards
- iPhone 6 sales top 10M on opening weekend, 11% more than in '13
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China
- Microsoft knocks iOS 8 install requirements, ups OneDrive free space
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Government to address startup issues after long wait
- Harper review recommends scrutiny of trade agreement IP clauses
- In Pictures: Meet the 12 wealthiest people in social media
- In Pictures: Eight is enough?