internet filter - News, Features, and Slideshows
A report by parliament's Standing Committee on Infrastructure and Communications has rejected calls for limits to be imposed on the use of the Section 313(3) of the Telecommunications Act 1997 to block access to online services.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 June, 2015 11:56
The Australian Federal Police have primarily issued notices under Section 313 of the Telco Act to request Internet service providers block their customers' access to websites hosting child exploitation material.
By Rohan Pearce | 22 October, 2014 11:33
Government agencies issuing notices under section 313(3) of the Telecommunications Act 1997 asking Internet services providers to block websites does not constitute "a policy of broad-based internet filtering", the Department of Communications has argued.
By Rohan Pearce | 24 September, 2014 14:22
The Australian Crime Commission has rejected calls for limits on the government agencies that can issue notices under Section 313 of the Telecommunications Act 1997.
By Rohan Pearce | 04 September, 2014 15:23
Internet service provider iiNet, the Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) and industry bodies the Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) and the Communications Alliance have all called for restrictions on the government agencies that can issue requests for ISPs to block websites.
By Rohan Pearce | 28 August, 2014 13:40
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too