Internet Systems Consortium - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), the organization that develops and maintains the widely used BIND DNS (Domain Name System) software, has patched a publicly disclosed vulnerability that can be used to remotely crash DNS servers running recent releases of BIND 9.
By Lucian Constantin | 06 June, 2013 11:50
A flaw in the widely used BIND DNS (Domain Name System) software can be exploited by remote attackers to crash DNS servers and affect the operation of other programs running on the same machines.
By Lucian Constantin | 29 March, 2013 17:12
Security roundup for week ending Nov. 18: Facebook, Norway oil-industry cyberattacks, and why virtualization and mobile devices mean security stress
Last week's flood of pornographic and violent images that hit Facebook was a coordinated spam attack that caught the attention of the world. But less remarked-upon and perhaps more sinister was what may have been a denial-of-service attack on many organizations' DNS servers, based on an exploit of the BIND 9 protocol, temporarily knocking their networks offline. The Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), which maintains several software products essential for Internet infrastructure, released a patch that's something of an interim fix for this and said it would conduct an investigation. This kind of attack -- which incapacitates entire networks, as it did in this case -- is truly worrisome.
By Ellen Messmer | 19 November, 2011 05:36
The Internet Systems Consortium (ISC), an organization that maintains several software products critical for Internet infrastructure, has released a patch for an actively exploited denial-of-service vulnerability in the widely used BIND DNS server.
By Lucian Constantin | 18 November, 2011 01:31
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Wearable health devices are a novelty that wear off
- German publishers capitulate and let Google post news snippets -- for now
- Abandoned subdomains pose security risk for businesses
- Vintage Apple-1 sells for a record $905K
- HP gives Moonshot server its first Xeon chip
- Australian ISP stands up to filmmakers hunting pirates
- 8 big trends in big data analytics
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Investor visa overhaul to boost venture capital for startups
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
- Apple to stop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications soon
- Xiaomi moving data outside China following privacy concerns
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be