internet - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- Google gives Apps admins more control over their files and docs
internet in pictures
Verizon customers can now opt out of having a unique identifier placed on their phones that critics have labelled a 'supercookie' because it's almost impossible to remove.
By Zach Miners | 01 April, 2015 09:43
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action.
By Grant Gross | 01 April, 2015 07:45
Amazon might be on to the killer app for restocking toilet paper from the privacy of your home.
By Zach Miners | 01 April, 2015 07:11
Google is giving systems admins more control over Apps documents in an attempt to alleviate concerns about securing company data after moving email and productivity software to the cloud.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 01 April, 2015 04:00
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
By Nick Barber | 22 May, 2013 17:54
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
By Serdar Yegulalp | 10 April, 2013 10:16
In today's extremely fast-paced IT economy, there is no time to sit on your hands. This is particularly true of the converged and hyper-converged market. ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I are seeing tremendous innovation taking place in the space, with an insane amount of money changing hands--between investors pouring silly amounts of money into emerging technologies and IT professionals doubling down in their investments in converged/hyper-converged systems.
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:30
ESG Senior Analyst Colm Keegan and I have been furiously fielding inquires on whether to go converged or hyper-converged. The answer, according to SimpliVity CEO, Doron Kempel, is, well, simple: Why settle for an incremental approach to infrastructure convergence when you can achieve true IT transformation through a fully hyper-converged solution?
By Mark Bowker | 19 March, 2015 06:28
When Patrick Benson joined Ovation Brands back in September 2013, he was given a tall order: modernize an array of legacy IT systems that could no longer keep up with the restaurant-chain conglomerate's business processes.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 March, 2015 01:23
Several new Docker tools are out there: Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, and Docker Compose. They come from Docker Inc. itself, which has has the advantage of being designed by the same folks who developed the Docker container.
By David Linthicum | 03 March, 2015 22:07
Whitepapers about internet
Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Defence review takes aim at application sprawl
- Telstra acquires telemedicine network
- In brief: Huawei's Australian revenue up 18 per cent
- NBN Co adds 550k premises to construction plan
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- Beyond metadata: the brave new world of big data retention
- Datacom scores $242 million Department of Health contract
- Harper review calls for scrutiny of intellectual property regime
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- In Pictures: Monitoring more than just wearables
- Thousands call on Congress to overturn net neutrality rules
- Survey: A majority of Apple Pay users encounter problems
- Amazon tries a physical button for making purchases