intrusion - News, Features, and Slideshows
A hacker group called the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) scared visitors to several news websites on Thursday by posting rogue pop-up messages saying they'd been hacked.
By Lucian Constantin | 28 November, 2014 04:38
Over 23,000 Web servers were infected with a backdoor called CryptoPHP that's bundled with pirated themes and plug-ins for popular content management systems.
By Lucian Constantin | 28 November, 2014 02:45
Siemens released security updates for several of its SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) products for industrial environments, in order to fix critical vulnerabilities that may have been exploited in recent attacks.
By Lucian Constantin | 28 November, 2014 00:37
Antivirus firm Bitdefender unveiled a hardware security appliance for home networks Tuesday that aims to protect devices by scanning network traffic to detect and block potential security threats.
By Lucian Constantin | 26 November, 2014 04:29
After Symantec blew the lid on Regin on Sunday, computer security experts and companies are revealing information that has lead to suspicions that the U.S. and U.K. are involved.
By Jeremy Kirk | 25 November, 2014 13:01
In today's threatscape, antivirus software provides little piece of mind. In fact, antimalware scanners on the whole are horrifically inaccurate, especially with exploits less than 24 hours old. After all, malicious hackers and malware can change their tactics at will. Swap a few bytes around, and a previously recognized malware program becomes unrecognizable.
By Roger A. Grimes | 04 November, 2013 15:13
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
By Jeremy Kirk | 17 September, 2013 12:01
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
Pekin Insurance, a large Midwestern insurance policy provider with 1,200 agencies and 7,500 independent agents, is always striving to better serve its customers. Pekin wanted to give its growing number of tech-savvy customers direct online access to policy and billing information. To do that, Pekin launched a new web application, called My PI that would deliver a self-service customer portal.
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- Apple's Black Friday sale includes iPhone for the first time
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Coming soon: Murder by Internet
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
- Sydney Startup Weekend doubles attendance in one year
- ASIC unhappy with exclusion from data retention regime
- Australian Internet Security Initiative portal launched to help ISPs
- How SBS scaled up for FIFA World Cup online
- Hail pounds telecom networks in Queensland
- RMIT University builds virtual networking labs for students
- Weather.com fixes web application vulnerabilities