intrusion - News, Features, and Slideshows
Attackers are exploiting a vulnerability in distributed search engine software Elasticsearch to install DDoS malware on Amazon and possibly other cloud servers.
By Lucian Constantin | 28 July, 2014 23:44
Researchers are gearing up to hack an array of different home routers during a contest next month at the Defcon 22 security conference.
By Lucian Constantin | 19 July, 2014 02:07
Nine of Cisco's home and small office cable modems with router and wireless access point functionality need software updates to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow remote attackers to completely compromise them.
By Lucian Constantin | 17 July, 2014 22:13
The scope of a recent security breach at a digital certificate authority (CA) controlled by the Indian government is bigger than initially thought and also targeted domain names owned by Yahoo, in addition to several owned by Google.
By Lucian Constantin | 11 July, 2014 01:22
Thousands of compromised computers are actively trying to break into point-of-sale (POS) systems using brute-force techniques to guess remote administration credentials.
By Lucian Constantin | 10 July, 2014 03:06
In today's threatscape, antivirus software provides little piece of mind. In fact, antimalware scanners on the whole are horrifically inaccurate, especially with exploits less than 24 hours old. After all, malicious hackers and malware can change their tactics at will. Swap a few bytes around, and a previously recognized malware program becomes unrecognizable.
By Roger A. Grimes | 04 November, 2013 15:13
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
By Jeremy Kirk | 17 September, 2013 12:01
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Feds arrest Florida man who allegedly conned Apple out of $309K
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- French fight the death of OpenVMS
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Smart locker application wins first place at BattleHack Sydney
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Consumer group decries government's anti-piracy plans
- Data retention: Industry reiterates warning on costs
- Lithium-metal battery could boost gadget power
- Vodafone uses low-band to boost 4G coverage
- NICTA pushes seL4 microkernel beyond drones
- ACMA signs online child abuse notification scheme with police
- Testbed will help clouds and networks shake hands