iomega - News, Features, and Slideshows
EMC and Lenovo are expanding the joint LenovoEMC Ltd. venture to include co-branded NAS products for SMBs and the distributed enterprise.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 January, 2013 21:53
My lab is dotted with Synology NAS devices providing a wide array of services, from disk-based backup to general file sharing to shared storage for small virtualization build-outs. In all the years I've had these boxes spinning, they've never once let me down. In fact, I have a four-year-old Synology DS409 that is still performing perfectly. It hasn't lost a disk yet.
By Paul Venezia | 07 November, 2011 22:06
The six-bay Iomega StorCenter px6-300d is the largest array you can get from Iomega before you venture into rack-mount servers, and it's just the kind of box you'd expect to see in a remote office or small to medium-sized business. Considering Iomega's parent EMC is a leader in the enterprise storage market, I had high expectations for this solution.
By Desmond Fuller | 20 October, 2011 02:34
The QNAP Turbo NAS became my favorite during the testing. What this unit lacks in special cloud features (see the Iomega and Netgear reviews), it makes up in performance and solid functionality. My feeling is that the QNAP would be best suited to a company that has a little more tech knowledge on hand, so the staff could take advantage of all that this box can do. The hardware is solid, and setup and administration are well documented and easy to manage, but with all of the functionality that this box offers, I'm not sure I'd give it to a nontechnical business user.
By Desmond Fuller | 20 October, 2011 01:57
If you thought USB drives were only for attaching to desktop or laptop computers, think again. Various manufacturers provide ways to connect such drives to your network, so you can retrieve files stored on them from across your network, or even via the Internet.
By Melissa J. Perenson | 25 September, 2010 03:46
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
There are many benefits to SSO and many options. But with so many choices, picking the right one can be a real challenge. As you evaluate your choices, however, there are some simple questions you should consider. Download this report and use these questions as your evaluation criteria.
- Will the GST be imposed on Netflix?
- Another Uber office in China faces government scrutiny
- Telstra offers low-latency link between ASX and SGX
- Developing an enterprise mobility strategy
- FAA program tests drones flying beyond pilot's line-of-sight
- NAB to pilot personal banking origination platform
- Companies are falling behind on securing their SAP environments
- Attackers exploit vulnerabilities in two WordPress plugins
- $250m for IT upgrades at ABS
- Instagram engineer delves into emoji madness
- Intel increases its hiring among women, minorities
- iiNet board opts for certainty with TPG
- AMD's Zen chips to square off against Intel's Skylake next year
- Where will Microsoft find 1 billion devices for Windows 10?
- Google says mobile now dominates search