ios - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Evaluating NoSQL as an alternative to Core Data for iOS apps
- Visa and Vodafone unveil NFC mobile payment app for Android
ios in pictures
Apple has recommended to users of its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones to reinstall iOS 8 after an update Wednesday led to complaints of lost cellular service and functionality on the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor.
By John Ribeiro | 25 September, 2014 17:09
In its first days of availability, iOS 8, Apple's newest mobile operating system, has exhibited an app crash rate significantly higher than iOS 7 did a year ago, an app performance management developer said yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 September, 2014 05:12
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
By Peter Wayner | 15 September, 2014 20:09
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 06:28
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
This whitepaper discusses the challenge of BYOD and how best-practice deployments help deliver on the business promise of mobility with integrated protection throughout the workplace. • Flexible, end-to-end security enables enterprises to speed adoption of transformative technologies for a competitive edge • If employees feel that security policies impede productivity or encroach on personal data, they look for work-arounds • Integrated solutions that avoid overlapping functionality and streamline management can help organizations maintain tight security and ensure compliance
- How hackers accidentally sold a pre-release XBox One to the FBI
- In brief: Steve Baxter re-joins Vocus Communications board
- Google shakes up cloud services market with another price cut
- 4G email scam targets Telstra customers
- Twitter invests in MIT lab focused on online social movements
- 12 telecom providers violate TCP code
- St John Ambulance WA to deploy IP communications
- Cisco and Netgear line up behind new Helix 64-bit ARM chips
- Google-backed Thread Group opens membership, wades into home IoT marsh
- Wikileaks accuses intelligence watchdog of misleading Senate inquiry
- Shellshock attacks target QNAP's network storage, FireEye says
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy