ios - News, Features, and Slideshows
ios in pictures
Some Apple mobile users have been encountering a pop-up message that is particularly difficult to close.
By Jeremy Kirk | 03 August, 2015 10:42
Jailbreaking an iPhone is a process that has consequences if you want to return to the walled garden, you generally have had to either accept an iOS update that could break your ability to jailbreak the device again in the future, or find a specific version of your firmware and install it manually.
By Jon Gold | 21 July, 2015 03:27
Apple will make iOS 8.4, the upgrade necessary to try out the Cupertino, Calif. company's new streaming music service, available early Tuesday for downloading to iPhones and iPads.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 June, 2015 00:56
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Aaron Cockerill, VP of products, Lookout | 14 April, 2015 04:12
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
By Peter Wayner | 15 September, 2014 20:09
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 06:28
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
Whitepapers about ios
Targeted phishing attacks are affecting the security in businesses of all sizes. This helpful infographic shows who’s at risk, why data breaches are growing and the layers of defence you can have. • 1 in 2 phishing attacks have been targeted at large enterprises • Attacks on businesses with 1 to 250 employees have increased in the last two years • Most mobile vulnerabilities are on the Apple iOS platform
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Snapshot-based data protection solutions were supposed to solve our backup challenges, weren't they? Then why are your backups still broken? If your snapshots are manually-managed or of the build-it-yourself variety, there may be several reasons that they aren't working very well. Learn more about the top reasons your snapshots are failing.
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
- Telstra reveals increase in warrant-free access to customer data
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
- NBN to invest $40m to boost construction workforce
- Windows 10's usage share jumps 4x in three days
- Lawmakers propose new visa for foreign tech entrepreneurs
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales