ios - News, Features, and Slideshows
ios in pictures
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 22 May, 2015 22:32
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
By Fred O'Connor | 12 May, 2015 05:36
A flaw in iOS 8 would allow attackers to render devices running the mobile OS useless if they're within range of a fake wireless hotspot, according to researchers from security firm Skycure.
By Fred O'Connor | 23 April, 2015 02:01
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Aaron Cockerill, VP of products, Lookout | 14 April, 2015 04:12
Faster innovation, better security, new markets -- the case for opening Swift might be more compelling than Apple will admit
By Peter Wayner | 15 September, 2014 20:09
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 06:28
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
Whitepapers about ios
Targeted phishing attacks are affecting the security in businesses of all sizes. This helpful infographic shows who’s at risk, why data breaches are growing and the layers of defence you can have. • 1 in 2 phishing attacks have been targeted at large enterprises • Attacks on businesses with 1 to 250 employees have increased in the last two years • Most mobile vulnerabilities are on the Apple iOS platform
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Airbnb chose Akamai as the partner to help them build the capabilities they needed to grow and scale their business, without sacrificing the customer experience that was key to their success. According to CTO Nathan Blecharzyk, Airbnb chose Akamai to support their rapidly-growing business because of Akamai’s ability to deliver large media files safely and securely across the globe, allowing them to scale the business as demand increased.
- Google's Android M to include Android Pay, faster charging and Doze power management
- Good luck with the new mobile strategy, Mozilla
- New Nvidia streaming box supports 4K, could give Android TV a lift
- Google's Project Brillo is an OS for the home -- and a lot more
- Google Photos offers unlimited free cloud storage for photos and video
- Google takes another swing at payments with Android Pay
- At Google I/O, the Internet of Things gets a new OS
- IBM pitches analysis software for select industry verticals
- FCC proposal would extend Lifeline voice subsidy to broadband
- Like routers, most USB modems also vulnerable to drive-by hacking
- Early OpenStack contributor says cloud project has "lost its heart"
- Swatch smartwatch to go on sale in two countries
- GoPro's upcoming six camera mount is good news for rich VR fans
- Lenovo aims at toppling rivals in the server market
- Cellphone use involved in more than 1 in 4 car crashes