ios - News, Features, and Slideshows
ios in pictures
Apple has "inadvertently admitted" to creating a "backdoor" in iOS, according to a new post by a forensics scientist, iOS author and former hacker, who this week created a stir when he posted a presentation laying out his case.
By John Cox | 23 July, 2014 08:17
Red Alert: Israel is a free app for both iOS and Android that provides real-time alerts when missiles or rockets are fired into Israel. It's also become a specialized kind of social network.
By Matt Hamblen | 22 July, 2014 06:44
IBM and Apple are teaming up to create enterprise apps to can run on Apple devices that business customers can manage and secure, creating a formidable direct challenge to plans Microsoft is trying to carry out on its own.
By Tim Greene | 16 July, 2014 10:25
The business-focused deal between Apple and IBM is "brilliant," one analyst said, noting that Apple now gets into the enterprise through the front door rather than the back.
By Gregg Keizer | 16 July, 2014 10:23
The Apple-IBM partnership will have little effect on Microsoft's dominance in the enterprise, or drastically change its mutating mobile strategy.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 06:28
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 02:57
An Australian company has made a big deal this week of taking umbridge over Apple's use of the name HealthKit. That's because the company is named HealthKit.
By Ryan Faas | 07 June, 2014 01:46
OS X Yosemite will run on about eight of every 10 Macs, a boon for customers who want to upgrade this fall, but also another proof point that "good enough" has contributed to the personal computer business's stagnation.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 June, 2014 01:22
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This paper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model; popular approaches to building an infrastructure platform, and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support demand with dynamic business agility.
- 'Canvas fingerprinting' tracking is sneaky but easy to halt
- Baidu reports strong mobile ad sales, echoing Facebook
- ASX-listed Bitcoin miner hails results
- UNSW researchers see future for Oculus Rift in engineering
- IoT inspires new components for energy, wireless
- Bitcoin: Addressing concerns over a 51% attack
- In Pictures: 14 must-have iPhone, iPad travel apps
- Newegg takes pre-orders for Samsung's first 3D Pro SSD
- New SSL server rules go into effect Nov. 1
- Wolfram fortifies SystemModeler with more libraries
- State Department computer crash slows visa, passport applications worldwide
- State Dept. database crash leads to passport, visa delays
- The other Apple economy: $2bn in devices on eBay
- Non-IBM Power8 servers, chips to appear early next year
- California sees IT shifting to IBM-built cloud