iPad - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPad in pictures
Work up your gift list, bookmark your favorite shopping sites and if you're really hardcore, get your tent ready. Black Friday 2015 will be here before you know it and bargains on everything from the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus to the latest smart watches, TVs, tablets and laptops will be there for the taking.
By Bob Brown | 05 October, 2015 20:42
The web has practically been clogged this week with posts providing tips about Apple's new iOS 9 mobile operating system: Good thing Apple added Wi-Fi Assist to make sure you're on the best connection possible to read all that stuff. Or maybe not.
By Bob Brown | 02 October, 2015 17:44
Microsoft's Windows will become a third-place operating system by 2017, research firm Gartner said. By then, Apple's combination of iOS and OS X will have slipped by Windows on the number of devices shipped during the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 September, 2015 23:15
The iPad Pro's screen size means that people who want to use Office on Apple's new tablet will have to pay for an Office 365 subscription.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 23 September, 2015 03:47
Apple's plan to save faltering iPad sales involves a 12.9-inch iPad Pro
By Yoni Heisler | 19 August, 2015 18:32
The iPad has recently been jailbroken. Even if you've held off jailbreaking your other iPhone OS devices, the iPad's substantially faster hardware and difficult-to-define "3rd device" role make the best case yet for jailbreaking. A user- and developer-updated compatibility list will help you see what's safe to install on your iPad, and I'll list my favorite apps and extensions for your freshly jailbroken device.
By Nat Futterman | 26 May, 2010 07:30
The pro-grade tablets from Microsoft and Apple may have some things in common, but the strategy behind them is quite different.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 10 September, 2015 04:08
Apple intends introducing a <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2599404/tablets/big-ipad-pro-q1-release-date-itbwcw.html">12.9-inch iPad model</a>, and there's some who may think doing so makes no sense at all. They're wrong. Here's why:
By Jonny Evans | 27 August, 2014 23:24
The best tablets on the market nonetheless feel more like interim upgrades than milestone devices worth ditching older models for
By Galen Gruman | 25 November, 2013 11:08
Apple CEO Tim Cook spent a bit of time dissing the competition while he was on stage at Apple's iPad Air launch event on Tuesday, but how does Apple's newest tablet stack up against the competition?
By Martyn Williams | 22 October, 2013 20:16
By arming a larger iPad with a 64-bit processor and a keyboard cover, Apple could crack the nascent 2-in-1 device market -- out-Surface Microsoft and its OEM partners as they push the concept of tablet-as-notebook, notebook-as-tablet -- if it decides the effort's worthwhile, a noted analyst said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 October, 2013 18:23
Whitepapers about iPad
That’s right, the top reasons you don't need MDM. Who says mobile and social technologies are here to stay? This satirical whitepaper outlines why it might be good to just “wait out” the trends of BYOD and MDM. • Understand why allowing mobile, flexibility & security is a slippery slope to the whims of the masses • Learn 10 "new excuses" that will convince anyone why you don’t need to implement MDM • Find out why visiting your IT Help desk is more fun than going to Disneyworld and Las Vegas combined
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
Cloud, identity management and enterprise mobility technologies can provide significant benefits for business efficiency and promote a cohesive workforce. However, it can often result in conflicts of interests between business heads and IT leaders, both who have different concerns and expectations on how these solutions should benefit the company. <p> This whitepaper looks at how a balanced approach can benefit both IT and business stakeholders with result in increased business flexibility and security. Included in this white paper are also 5 real world examples where organisations are able to reap the benefits of these platforms by adopting synergistic strategies.
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev
- Microsoft's Surface Book to reignite OEM hostility
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- How the cloud gives Major League Baseball a new world of stats
- Amazon touts improved cloud security at re:Invent
- Microsoft gets an earful as Office for Mac 2016 users amp ire over crashes
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items
- 5 tips on cloud migration from those who know (with video)
- Sony ups its motion-detection game with Softkinetic buy
- The <i>Times</i>’ need for speed on smartphones drives interest in Google’s latest project
- Perl 6 is coming soon: What it will bring