iPad - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPad in pictures
Work up your gift list, bookmark your favorite shopping sites and if you're really hardcore, get your tent ready. Black Friday 2015 will be here before you know it and bargains on everything from the new iPhone 6S and 6S Plus to the latest smart watches, TVs, tablets and laptops will be there for the taking.
By Bob Brown | 05 October, 2015 20:42
The web has practically been clogged this week with posts providing tips about Apple's new iOS 9 mobile operating system: Good thing Apple added Wi-Fi Assist to make sure you're on the best connection possible to read all that stuff. Or maybe not.
By Bob Brown | 02 October, 2015 17:44
Microsoft's Windows will become a third-place operating system by 2017, research firm Gartner said. By then, Apple's combination of iOS and OS X will have slipped by Windows on the number of devices shipped during the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 September, 2015 23:15
The iPad Pro's screen size means that people who want to use Office on Apple's new tablet will have to pay for an Office 365 subscription.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 23 September, 2015 03:47
Apple's plan to save faltering iPad sales involves a 12.9-inch iPad Pro
By Yoni Heisler | 19 August, 2015 18:32
The iPad has recently been jailbroken. Even if you've held off jailbreaking your other iPhone OS devices, the iPad's substantially faster hardware and difficult-to-define "3rd device" role make the best case yet for jailbreaking. A user- and developer-updated compatibility list will help you see what's safe to install on your iPad, and I'll list my favorite apps and extensions for your freshly jailbroken device.
By Nat Futterman | 26 May, 2010 07:30
The pro-grade tablets from Microsoft and Apple may have some things in common, but the strategy behind them is quite different.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 10 September, 2015 04:08
Apple intends introducing a <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2599404/tablets/big-ipad-pro-q1-release-date-itbwcw.html">12.9-inch iPad model</a>, and there's some who may think doing so makes no sense at all. They're wrong. Here's why:
By Jonny Evans | 27 August, 2014 23:24
The best tablets on the market nonetheless feel more like interim upgrades than milestone devices worth ditching older models for
By Galen Gruman | 25 November, 2013 11:08
Apple CEO Tim Cook spent a bit of time dissing the competition while he was on stage at Apple's iPad Air launch event on Tuesday, but how does Apple's newest tablet stack up against the competition?
By Martyn Williams | 22 October, 2013 20:16
By arming a larger iPad with a 64-bit processor and a keyboard cover, Apple could crack the nascent 2-in-1 device market -- out-Surface Microsoft and its OEM partners as they push the concept of tablet-as-notebook, notebook-as-tablet -- if it decides the effort's worthwhile, a noted analyst said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 October, 2013 18:23
Whitepapers about iPad
That’s right, the top reasons you don't need MDM. Who says mobile and social technologies are here to stay? This satirical whitepaper outlines why it might be good to just “wait out” the trends of BYOD and MDM. • Understand why allowing mobile, flexibility & security is a slippery slope to the whims of the masses • Learn 10 "new excuses" that will convince anyone why you don’t need to implement MDM • Find out why visiting your IT Help desk is more fun than going to Disneyworld and Las Vegas combined
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)