iPad - News, Features, and Slideshows
iPad in pictures
Walmart, which already has leaked its Black Friday deals on Apple, Dell, HP and other tech products, just couldn't stand the lull between now and the day after Thanksgiving. So it has started promoting a Pre-Black Friday event for this Friday, Nov. 21, starting at 8am, that will also feature plenty of bargains on electronics.
By Bob Brown | 20 November, 2014 08:07
Following a U.S. government warning about an iPhone and iPad security threat dubbed Masque Attack, Apple has issued a statement assuring customers that they're probably okay.
By Bob Brown | 15 November, 2014 02:25
Black Friday 2014 ads from big retailers Best Buy and Target have leaked (well, the retailers have pretty much revealed them), and it looks like you can save on Apple products including iPads and the iPhone 6.
By Bob Brown | 12 November, 2014 04:23
Fast-rising smartphone maker Xiaomi has quickly become one of China's biggest tablet makers as well, but Apple is still holding steady as the country's top vendor, according to new data.
By Michael Kan | 11 November, 2014 20:40
The iPad has recently been jailbroken. Even if you've held off jailbreaking your other iPhone OS devices, the iPad's substantially faster hardware and difficult-to-define "3rd device" role make the best case yet for jailbreaking. A user- and developer-updated compatibility list will help you see what's safe to install on your iPad, and I'll list my favorite apps and extensions for your freshly jailbroken device.
By Nat Futterman | 26 May, 2010 07:30
The best tablets on the market nonetheless feel more like interim upgrades than milestone devices worth ditching older models for
By Galen Gruman | 25 November, 2013 11:08
Apple CEO Tim Cook spent a bit of time dissing the competition while he was on stage at Apple's iPad Air launch event on Tuesday, but how does Apple's newest tablet stack up against the competition?
By Martyn Williams | 22 October, 2013 20:16
By arming a larger iPad with a 64-bit processor and a keyboard cover, Apple could crack the nascent 2-in-1 device market -- out-Surface Microsoft and its OEM partners as they push the concept of tablet-as-notebook, notebook-as-tablet -- if it decides the effort's worthwhile, a noted analyst said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 October, 2013 18:23
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market share rankings, Google's operating system has continued to grow its user base, which accounts for 52% of the market as of this January.
By Jon Gold | 02 April, 2013 11:16
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
A healthcare organization’s small application management staff must ensure high availability and fast delivery of thousands of critical administrative and clinical applications. See what they did to meet those goals.
- What to consider when negotiating a hybrid cloud SLA
- US lawmakers to Europe: Don't break up Google
- Mozilla unveils search tool tweaks in next week's Firefox 34
- Hacking Team surveillance malware masquerades as legitimate bookmark manager
- UK network BT mulls mobile return to fuel quad-play competition
- EU sees harmonizing telecoms and online content rules key to €315B economic growth plan
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Here's why hydrogen-fueled cars aren't little Hindenburgs
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- ASIC chief calls for focus on 'cyber resilience'
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- NSW Rural Fire Service cuts travel costs by using video conferencing
- How multisig can alleviate Bitcoin consumer protection concerns
- Treat Bitcoin like currency, advocates tell Senate inquiry