IPS - News, Features, and Slideshows
There's been much discussion in the security industry that preventing malware-based infiltrations into the enterprise is nigh on impossible, and the new security mantra should be "rapid detection is the new prevention." On that, IBM begs to differ.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 May, 2014 04:34
Juniper today announced its Firefly Suite for virtual-machine security, a set of software-based products for VMware and KVM that contain the security and switching capabilities found in Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 21:01
There's a trend underway in the information security field to shift from a prevention mentality--in which organizations try to make the perimeter impenetrable and avoid breaches--to a focus on rapid detection, where they can quickly identify and mitigate threats.
By Bob Violino | 02 January, 2014 11:56
Why are the world's most IT savvy companies unable to keep attackers out of their networks?
By Torsten George, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Products, Agiliance | 26 November, 2013 21:09
Arbor Networks has introduced its first Cloud-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation service to protect enterprises against large-scale attacks intended to swallow up available bandwidth or knock application servers offline.
By Ellen Messmer | 12 November, 2013 06:42
Whitepapers about IPS
Enterprises require intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) to protect their network against attacks. However, implementing an IPS involves challenges of scale and performance. Leveraging the power of an Application Delivery Controller allows enterprises to efficiently deploy a next-generation IPS infrastructure. •A rising number of malicious attacks has made implementing an intrusion prevention system (IPS) a top priority for enterprises large and small •Ensuring the efficiency of the IPS infrastructure has become more difficult with the increasing ubiquity of encryption •When a next-generation IPS is used, the many benefits of managing IPS from a strategic point of control can be realised
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data