IPS - News, Features, and Slideshows
There's been much discussion in the security industry that preventing malware-based infiltrations into the enterprise is nigh on impossible, and the new security mantra should be "rapid detection is the new prevention." On that, IBM begs to differ.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 May, 2014 04:34
Juniper today announced its Firefly Suite for virtual-machine security, a set of software-based products for VMware and KVM that contain the security and switching capabilities found in Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 21:01
There's a trend underway in the information security field to shift from a prevention mentality--in which organizations try to make the perimeter impenetrable and avoid breaches--to a focus on rapid detection, where they can quickly identify and mitigate threats.
By Bob Violino | 02 January, 2014 11:56
Why are the world's most IT savvy companies unable to keep attackers out of their networks?
By Torsten George, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Products, Agiliance | 26 November, 2013 21:09
Arbor Networks has introduced its first Cloud-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation service to protect enterprises against large-scale attacks intended to swallow up available bandwidth or knock application servers offline.
By Ellen Messmer | 12 November, 2013 06:42
Whitepapers about IPS
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
As the BYOD model continues to grow at twice the rate of corporate-owned devices, enterprises are facing an increasingly diversified mobility landscape. And though BYOD brings many benefits, complex management and security challenges are also ushered in. Read this report to understand what MDM can and cannot do for you and which solutions are being chosen today - and tomorrow.
- Regin is groundbreaking malware on par with Stuxnet, Symantec says
- Intel to tame passwords with biometric authentication
- IoT in the enterprise up three-fold, study finds
- Court okays IT worker lawsuit over student visa work program
- 129 out of 150 A/NZ websites fail Online Trust Alliance audit
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
- Slack now letting employers tap workers' private chats
- Would Amazon Web Services ever build an on-premise private cloud?
- Google to Apps users: take more responsibility for protecting your accounts
- Attack of the one-letter programming languages
- AMD tablet development stalls as priorities change
- SMBs get their very own Salesforce app store
- Global Forum: Innovation creates opportunity, causes disruption
- Apple turns 25 apps (Red) in campaign to fight AIDS
- Thwarting attackers with threat intelligence