IT costs - News, Features, and Slideshows
Customers are looking for a variety of new capabilities from IT outsourcers, ranging from their involvement in business outcomes to greater knowledge of the customer's area of business, according to a report by Forrester Research.
By John Ribeiro | 16 June, 2010 06:16
CIOs have long struggled to measure and demonstrate the business value of IT investments. But there's a relatively new approach to making IT investment and operating decisions -- and then proving their value to shareholders -- called the IT Capability Maturity Framework.
By Matt Hamblen | 25 May, 2010 05:12
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Meizhou Municipal Information Centre provides information services to the municipality of Meizhou, China, which has a population of 5.5 million people. The Information Centre is part of the Bureau of Economy and Information, and serves 1,000 municipal and county government bodies. The Meizhou Municipal Information Centre’s small staff provides and maintains information services to the city through the government portal site, extranet and data center. The IT staff wanted to avoid downtime and improve backup and recovery.
- Microsoft touts new update service as way for enterprises to go slow on Windows 10
- Cybercriminals borrow from APT playbook in attack against PoS vendors
- New app can unearth video gems on Periscope
- WPI's team gears up for final battle of the bots
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, May 5
- IN PICTURES: CeBIT 2015, Sydney, Trade Show
- IN PICTURES: CeBIT 2015, Sydney, Day One Keynote addresses
- Kevin Mitnick's tips for countering social engineering
- Vic govt push to streamline service delivery
- Netflix open-sources security incident management tool
- Sally Beauty investigates possible second card breach
- Coles trials voice-recognition gizmo Hiku
- Infrastructure modernisation drives efficiencies at ANZ
- Rombertik malware destroys computers if detected
- Rackspace adds second Australian data centre