IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
Cisco could transfer or impact as many as 790 employees under terms of the sale of its Connected Devices business unit (CDBU) to Technicolor.
By Jim Duffy | 24 July, 2015 06:14
There was something about Cheryl Fillekes that Google really liked. Over a seven-year period, Fillekes was contacted by Google recruiters four different times for jobs. In each case, she did well enough in the phone interviews to get an invitation for an in-person interview.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 22 July, 2015 06:49
Good programmers are notoriously hard to find, but HackerRank thinks it has the answer. A fresh cash infusion suggests it may be on to something.
By Katherine Noyes | 15 July, 2015 08:44
Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 has its Windows XP moment coming very soon, and that's bad news for IT leaders who have been dragging their feet.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 11 July, 2015 10:10
Organizations make it onto Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT list by excelling in training, benefits, retention and career development, among other attributes.
By Tracy Mayor | 22 June, 2015 23:06
From the time he was 9, Daniel Kowalski, now 23, knew cybersecurity was going to be his thing. Captivated by the stealth work of hackers in commercials and in his favorite movie, Live Free or Die Hard, Kowalski nurtured his fascination with security from a young age, pursuing multiple IT and security certifications during high school and earning a degree in computer criminology at Florida State University.
By Beth Stackpole | 28 April, 2015 00:37
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Vincent Brasseur, Director of Product Management, Flexera Software | 04 April, 2015 04:18
Whitepapers about IT management
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Many firms are acutely aware of the costs and risks associated with lost or unrecoverable data on employee devices, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices and while mobility initiatives, including bring your own device (BYOD), are gaining popularity, IDC has discovered that many firms do not have adequate protection, recovery policies or tools in place to manage their ever-increasing volumes of data. Read why IDC believes the need to protect sensitive data residing on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices is more critical than ever and how CommVault Edge can meet end user demands by delivering a solution that is secure and allows users access to their data anywhere and at any time.
- Darkode cybercrime forum might be making a comeback
- Motorola launches 3 new Android phones with 'amazing value'
- Google: Lock up your Compute Engine data with your own encryption keys
- Microsoft starts pre-loading Windows 10 upgrade onto PCs
- Intel, Micron claim a new class of memory between flash and DRAM
- Groups urge Obama to oppose cyberthreat sharing bills
- EU privacy watchdog weighs in on data protection reform, shares concerns
- IDC cuts forecast for mobile management software sales
- Google tells its publisher partners to comply with EU cookie directive
- Xen patches new virtual-machine escape vulnerability
- What you can learn from Nordstrom's use of the cloud
- Windows 10 roll-out will break Internet traffic records
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 28
- Test like crazy for Java happiness, report says
- OnePlus refines its successful formula with new phone