IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
The upside of life as an IT contractor is alluring. You get to be your own boss, accept only the jobs you want, and work flexible hours. With each assignment comes the opportunity to learn new skills and gain exposure to different environments.
By Ann Bednarz | 17 October, 2014 06:16
In 2001, the tech industry employed 6.5 million people. Then the bubble burst, and payrolls shrank dramatically.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 17 October, 2014 00:36
Technology professionals are among today's most infamous whistleblowers. The list of those who have made headlines for exposing corporate or government skulduggery includes Shawn Carpenter, a network security analyst who blew the lid off a Chinese cyberespionage ring; Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning, who shared more than 250,000 classified State Department cables with WikiLeaks; and Edward Snowden, who leaked top-secret information about NSA surveillance activities.
By Cindy Waxer | 08 October, 2014 00:16
When Cathy Lee started working at New York startup Faith Street last year, she quickly learned a lesson that could benefit other recent college graduates who want to advance their IT careers -- soft skills like being flexible, taking on new tasks and asking questions matter a lot.
By Fred O'Connor | 30 July, 2014 04:30
Getting employees to take security seriously can be a game that everyone wins.
By Lamont Wood | 17 July, 2014 14:05
Whitepapers about IT management
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Nadella's 2014 comp package tops $84M
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Virtual reality gains a small foothold in the enterprise
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour