IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
IBM has initiated a new training program that will cut the pay of participating employees by 10 per cent.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 16 September, 2014 05:02
Commissioners in Jefferson County, Alabama, are poised to vote for removal of a problematic SAP software system in favor of a new system developed by Tyler Technologies, after spending some US$20 million over a number of years.
By Chris Kanaracus | 12 September, 2014 02:43
Dell on Tuesday announced a "virtual smartphone" to help companies keep better track of security and expenses related to employee-owned smartphones and tablets.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 September, 2014 22:42
Apple CEO Tim Cook was handed more than half a million shares two weeks ago as part of a long-standing compensation plan, receiving the full amount of the stock due him because of Apple's performance on Wall Street.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 September, 2014 04:17
Oregon officials still need Oracle's cooperation to meet a looming deadline related to the state's troubled health-insurance exchange website, even as both sides have lodged lawsuits against one another.
By Chris Kanaracus | 03 September, 2014 00:29
When Cathy Lee started working at New York startup Faith Street last year, she quickly learned a lesson that could benefit other recent college graduates who want to advance their IT careers -- soft skills like being flexible, taking on new tasks and asking questions matter a lot.
By Fred O'Connor | 30 July, 2014 04:30
Getting employees to take security seriously can be a game that everyone wins.
By Lamont Wood | 17 July, 2014 14:05
SIP roll-out has picked and, by 2019, SIP worldwide traffic could be more than double today's volume. While 30% of worldwide network traffic today moves with the use of SIP, in 2019 76% of outbound call traffic will be SIP.
By Eastern Management Group | 30 June, 2014 23:04
Whitepapers about IT management
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- Software bugs most common cause for mobile Internet outages, study says
- FCC gets record number of net neutrality comments, what now?
- Subway to accept NFC payments starting in October
- Micro Focus buying Novell, Suse Linux owner for $1.2 billion
- IBM wants to replace the spreadsheet with Watson Analytics
- Apple issues third OS X Yosemite public beta
- German court lifts countrywide ban on UberPop
- Micron ships 16nm node SSDs, cheapest price yet
- Cisco gains strength in next-gen firewalls via Sourcefire code
- Microsoft sets Windows 9 reveal for Sept. 30
- Mail.Ru buys rest of Russia's VKontakte, ending shareholder dispute
- Net neutrality's hollow promise to startups
- Many Android devices vulnerable to session hijacking through the default browser
- Intel teams with Indian firm to launch 'Eddy' tablet for children
- Infor plots move into cloud financials in strike against Workday