IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
Oracle has responded to a former employee's claim that a new in-memory processing option is turned on by default with the latest release of Database 12c, insisting that the process of enabling it requires a series of deliberate steps.
By Chris Kanaracus | 30 July, 2014 06:16
Mozilla today ditched the "interim" label for Chris Beard and appointed him CEO.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 06:25
The percentage of Microsoft current and former employees who approve of CEO Satya Nadella has dropped since the company announced layoffs.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 July, 2014 20:15
Oracle database shops that have or are planning to download the latest version of 12c take warning: The vendor's newly launched, much-hyped in-memory processing database option is turned on by default, according to one expert.
By Chris Kanaracus | 26 July, 2014 05:25
When Cathy Lee started working at New York startup Faith Street last year, she quickly learned a lesson that could benefit other recent college graduates who want to advance their IT careers -- soft skills like being flexible, taking on new tasks and asking questions matter a lot.
By Fred O'Connor | 30 July, 2014 04:30
Getting employees to take security seriously can be a game that everyone wins.
By Lamont Wood | 17 July, 2014 14:05
SIP roll-out has picked and, by 2019, SIP worldwide traffic could be more than double today's volume. While 30% of worldwide network traffic today moves with the use of SIP, in 2019 76% of outbound call traffic will be SIP.
By Eastern Management Group | 30 June, 2014 23:04
The Internet of Things is producing a lot of interesting consumer products that have the potential to lead to important enterprise tools. Here is a basic overview of the concept, together with examples of available products and what they offer.
By Robert L. Mitchell | 30 June, 2014 20:37
Whitepapers about IT management
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
- Chinese officials seize Microsoft PCs, emails, financial info in antitrust probe
- Oracle hits back at ex-employee's claims over in-memory database option
- Homeland Security wants corporate board of directors more involved in cyber-security
- BlackBerry buying German firm for voice encryption
- NASA breakthrough improves 3D printing in space
- Secrets to CIO Longevity
- Uber, Airbnb go after businesses
- Guns, vandals and thieves: Data shows US networks under attack
- As IoT changes how carriers make money, Ericsson is buying new smarts
- Google, Linaro develop custom Android edition for Project Ara
- Senator pushes new version of bill to limit NSA phone records collection
- Audi tests driverless car on Florida expressway
- Canada blames China for cyber intrusion at National Research Council
- Majority of large ISPs now using monthly data caps, GAO says
- Microsoft, IBM make cloud gains against Amazon