IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
Poachable, a Seattle startup that specialises in connecting passive job-seekers with companies looking to hire, says enterprise network and IT companies such as Microsoft, IBM and Cisco are among the most desirable places to work. But largely consumer-focused companies, like Google, Apple and Amazon, are even more attractive.
By Bob Brown | 23 March, 2015 21:42
A mild-mannered tech and media support coordinator for Oregon State University Extension Service by day, Victor Villegas takes on the persona of The Drone Singer during his off hours. Yes, he fashions himself as the Weird Al Yankovic of drone songs.
By Bob Brown | 17 March, 2015 00:44
IBM's global workforce declined 1212 per cent last year, with most of the decrease due to corporate divestitures.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 12 March, 2015 07:10
When Jay Ferro, 46, joined the American Cancer Society as CIO three years ago, he was given a herculean task -- to transform the nonprofit's 12 independent divisions and corporate headquarters into a single entity, beginning with IT.
By Stacy Collett | 23 February, 2015 22:43
IBM tries to keep its layoffs out of the public eye as much as possible, although it fails miserably at this. The company took the unusual step of denying that it was on the cusp of a gigantic layoff amid reports of a possible new round of job cuts that may begin this week.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 28 January, 2015 23:24
Mike Samaras has worked steadily in IT for a decade, starting when he was 17 and fresh out of high school.
By Mary K. Pratt | 14 January, 2015 22:36
Whitepapers about IT management
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Mining company Teck Resources wanted to ensure high availability and responsiveness for its critical employee communications systems. To achieve this goal, Teck chose a comprehensive F5 traffic management and secure access solution that provides high availability and give users a more responsive experience.
- Cheap mobile subscriptions the bait as Euro operators become more aggressive
- US lawmakers push for auctions of gov't spectrum
- Tech companies call on US to end bulk collection of metadata
- Amazon debuts bottomless storage plans for photos, data
- Mobile storage about to balloon with new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron
- Galaxy S6 price starts at $650 off-contract, 19% more for Edge
- Many password strength meters are downright WEAK, researchers say
- At F8 today, virtual reality may be next phase of social networking
- ZTE's Nubia Z9 Max phablet packs a powerful camera
- Spartan forecast: Browser of choice for 1 in 7 Windows users within a year
- Microsoft to simplify Azure migration with bigger VM drives
- Will embedded and middleware help save Blackberry?
- Facebook's iOS UI development framework goes open source
- Uber's Amsterdam office raided by Dutch authorities
- E-commerce companies face EU antitrust probe