IT management - News, Features, and Slideshows
IT management in pictures
If there's anything Cal Henderson knows about, it's scaling technology to keep up with extremely rapid growth.
By Katherine Noyes | 15 August, 2015 05:34
Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
By Katherine Noyes | 11 August, 2015 05:47
With programmers and developers in such high demand these days, it may be tempting to think that a decision as stodgy as pursuing a certification is a waste of time. After all, doesn't it all come down to the art of your code?
By Bob Violino | 11 August, 2015 02:20
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
By Katherine Noyes | 06 August, 2015 06:46
Organizations make it onto Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT list by excelling in training, benefits, retention and career development, among other attributes.
By Tracy Mayor | 22 June, 2015 23:06
From the time he was 9, Daniel Kowalski, now 23, knew cybersecurity was going to be his thing. Captivated by the stealth work of hackers in commercials and in his favorite movie, Live Free or Die Hard, Kowalski nurtured his fascination with security from a young age, pursuing multiple IT and security certifications during high school and earning a degree in computer criminology at Florida State University.
By Beth Stackpole | 28 April, 2015 00:37
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Vincent Brasseur, Director of Product Management, Flexera Software | 04 April, 2015 04:18
Whitepapers about IT management
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as: • Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too