IT transformation - News, Features, and Slideshows
Williams Martini Racing believes an IT transformation can help get its Formula One racers back into pole position, according to the team’s IT manager.
By Adam Bender | 17 March, 2015 10:25
If Microsoft pulls the layoff trigger today, as many expect, the company will face PR problems if it doesn't make smart moves, a crisis communications expert said.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 July, 2014 23:35
Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night can compare with the challenges currently facing the United States Postal Service. Email continues to have a crippling effect on the centuries-old agency: The volume of first-class mail, or stamped mail, plummeted by 2.8 billion pieces in 2013.
By Cindy Waxer | 09 December, 2014 02:45
There's a reason the theme song at this year's Open Business Conference was 'Happy.'
By Julia King | 08 May, 2014 01:43
National correspondent Julia King reports the mood is feisty at this year's CITE Conference & Expo.
By Julia King | 30 April, 2014 20:33
Peter Markos, CIO and general manager for Rotary International, contends with challenges ranging from authenticating a constantly changing list of users who need to access Rotary's systems to enabling applications that work for a vastly diverse membership.
By Mary K. Pratt | 24 March, 2014 10:37
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
Employees are more inclined to use their devices of choice to conduct meetings in a location and time that fits them best. Statistics also show that 24% of all meetings are now virtual especially for the younger generation, and these users are looking for simplicity, flexibility and efficiency in their workplace. <p> This whitepaper looks at why there has been an increase the number of employees self-sourcing for web conferencing tools instead of adopting legacy IT systems that do not deliver the end user experience that they desire and the factors that drive these behaviours.
- Microsoft to end support for SQL Server 2005 in 2016
- US, UK disrupt Dridex botnet, which targeted online banking
- Phishing websites look more legit with SSL certs from major companies
- Oracle awarded $50 million in trial against Rimini Street
- Surface Book pre-orders sell out on Microsoft's site
- Apple loses patent case over A7 chip, could face $860 million in damages
- Cisco dedicates security project to 'pissing off the bad guys'
- Beware of Oracle's licensing 'traps,' law firm warns
- Apple boosts iMac screen resolution, lowers price of top-end 27-inch machine
- UL creating standard for wearable privacy and security
- SANS: 20 critical security controls you need to add
- Tibco jump-starts integration in the cloud with two new tools
- Google adopts single sign-on for more desktop, mobile apps
- Windows tablets for business hit 10% share in second quarter
- Windows 10 Insider dawdlers face blank screens Oct. 15