IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's 14-month rent of former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop cost the firm at least $18 million, or about $1.3 million each month.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2015 02:19
Apple's head of retail and online sales, Angela Ahrendts, has sold almost 70,000 shares of company stock worth approximately $8.7 million since the first of the month, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
By Gregg Keizer | 10 April, 2015 05:34
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield