IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
When you graduated from high school, you might have thought peer pressure was mostly over.
By Sharon Gaudin | 09 August, 2014 06:21
Bill Gates has sold another 20 million shares of the company he co-founded, driving his portfolio under the 300-million mark for the first time, according to regulatory filings.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 August, 2014 20:46
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
A DDoS attack can be a stressful engagement where parts of the network will be unresponsive and equipment may be failing all around. That is not the time to be planning a defense—preparing your network applications during “peacetime” will go a long way to helping you mitigate the attack in the future.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap
- Apple Watch mini-stores to open in London, Paris, Tokyo luxury retail shops