IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's 14-month rent of former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop cost the firm at least $18 million, or about $1.3 million each month.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2015 02:19
Apple's head of retail and online sales, Angela Ahrendts, has sold almost 70,000 shares of company stock worth approximately $8.7 million since the first of the month, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
By Gregg Keizer | 10 April, 2015 05:34
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This whitepaper looks at the dramatic shift in the relationship between technology and business and the challenges organisations are facing with expanding investments in mobility, social media, and Big Data/analytics — and, most significantly, a transformation to cloud-based delivery.
- NSW to launch digital identity for government services
- Windows 10: What we like, what we don't like
- 3D XPoint might change computing as much as SSDs did
- Amazon and Google aren't the only ones with a delivery drone
- In Pictures: Ultimate guide to Raspberry Pi operating systems, part 1
- In Pictures: User guide to Windows 10
- Twitter surprises with a sales gain, but user growth lags
- Italian parliament drafts a declaration of Internet rights
- Meet Arrow, a new Android launcher from Microsoft's Garage
- IT hears the siren call of free Windows 10 upgrades
- Amazon proposes drone superhighways in sky
- Senators call for investigation of potential safety, security threats from connected cars
- Amazon Launchpad store will sell goods from startups
- Obama won't pardon Snowden, despite petition
- Salesforce tools let customers snap together new mobile apps