IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
When you graduated from high school, you might have thought peer pressure was mostly over.
By Sharon Gaudin | 09 August, 2014 06:21
Bill Gates has sold another 20 million shares of the company he co-founded, driving his portfolio under the 300-million mark for the first time, according to regulatory filings.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 August, 2014 20:46
Making a business case for network and application performance improvement. Download today
- Enterprises: Get ready to pay to go slow on Windows 10
- Dropbox buys Pixelapse to add version control for visual designers
- Drone flights near White House test local restrictions
- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
- Cisco's evolving software, cloud strategy will hinge on hardware
- Developers begin work on LibreOffice for Android
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, January 27
- Computer simulation eases real-world Chinese traffic jams
- Link between NSA and Regin cyberespionage malware becomes clearer
- How not to waste your money on the second wave of 802.11ac wireless gear
- China signals censors will continue to crack down on VPN services
- Facebook, Instagram temporarily down in many countries
- Quantum bringing public cloud into virtual storage fold
- Data retention: Journalists decry 'Stasi‐like surveillance state'
- DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US