IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's 14-month rent of former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop cost the firm at least $18 million, or about $1.3 million each month.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2015 02:19
Apple's head of retail and online sales, Angela Ahrendts, has sold almost 70,000 shares of company stock worth approximately $8.7 million since the first of the month, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
By Gregg Keizer | 10 April, 2015 05:34
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- Cisco dedicates security project to 'pissing off the bad guys'
- Beware of Oracle's licensing 'traps,' law firm warns
- Apple boosts iMac screen resolution, lowers price of top-end 27-in. machine by 8%
- UL creating standard for wearable privacy and security
- SANS: 20 critical security controls you need to add
- Tibco jump-starts integration in the cloud with two new tools
- Google adopts single sign-on for more desktop, mobile apps
- Windows tablets for business hit 10% share in second quarter
- Windows 10 Insider dawdlers face blank screens Oct. 15
- Twitter cuts engineering team, lays off one in 12 employees
- SAP unwraps Project Orca and gives it a new name
- VMware brings Michigan to Europe to boost virtual networking
- Node.js adds long-term enterprise support version
- CommBank Offers app piloted at Westfield Hornsby
- Adobe teams with Dropbox as part of Document Cloud upgrades