IT Leadership - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple's head of retail and online sales, Angela Ahrendts, has sold almost 70,000 shares of company stock worth approximately $8.7 million since the first of the month, according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
By Gregg Keizer | 10 April, 2015 05:34
Apple CEO Tim Cook's total 2014 compensation of $9.2 million, while more than double his pay package the year before, was dwarfed by the $73.4 million awarded to one of his subordinates, retail chief Angela Ahrendts, regulatory filings revealed yesterday.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 January, 2015 04:56
After reporting slowing growth and getting passed by Instagram in number of users, Twitter's stock price jumped Tuesday on speculation that CEO Dick Costolo might be leaving the company.
By Sharon Gaudin | 24 December, 2014 07:53
Microsoft's shareholders have approved CEO Satya Nadella's multimillion-dollar pay package but by a margin much smaller than similar votes in the past..
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 22:46
A prominent advisor to big-time investors has urged clients to vote against Microsoft's pay package for its new CEO, Satya Nadella, saying that his compensation this year was out of whack when compared to competing companies and the firm's track record.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 November, 2014 08:25
One hundred and forty characters weren't enough space for Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, to backpedal from comments he made at a women-in-computing conference, so he took to his firm's website.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 13:22
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said Windows has been re-architected to give it a central role in the Internet of Things.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 08 October, 2014 06:13
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, effective immediately.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 06:19
If the White House learned one thing from the Healthcare.gov debacle, it was that the website needs clear-thinking people who can see a problem for what it is. Mikey Dickerson may just be that person.
By Computerworld Staff | 13 August, 2014 06:28
A former Microsoft finance manager was sentenced to two years in federal prison Friday after pleading guilty to an insider trading scheme that netted he and a partner more than $400,000.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 August, 2014 21:39
When you graduated from high school, you might have thought peer pressure was mostly over.
By Sharon Gaudin | 09 August, 2014 06:21
Bill Gates has sold another 20 million shares of the company he co-founded, driving his portfolio under the 300-million mark for the first time, according to regulatory filings.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 August, 2014 20:46
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
The Health Unit needs to provide continuous and secure access to online medical services, and must safeguard citizens’ health information held in its medical centers.
- Uber stops operations in Kansas over new legislation
- ISPs left with bill after Dallas Buyers Club court clash
- Electronic lock maker clashes with security firm over software flaws
- In Pictures: Drones behaving badly
- In Pictures: New Cisco CEO - Meet the real Chuck Robbins
- iiNet board swings behind TPG’s new buyout offer
- In Pictures: How Cisco's Chambers kept a high profile
- Apple security program, MacKeeper, celebrates difficult birthday
- In Pictures: 11 must-have Apple Watch apps
- Nvidia's shift away from mobile devices cuts modem unit
- FCC asks how LTE can share the airwaves with Wi-Fi
- Economist: The Internet of Things will deliver surge of productivity
- Speedy servers with Intel's 18-core chips, DDR4 memory hit the market
- Chrome reaches major user share milestone, climbs above 25%
- Microsoft boasts that new tool will control Amazon's Cloud, too