Kantar Retail - News, Features, and Slideshows
Among analysts and investors, debate has been growing about a retailer-reporting trend to stop publicizing monthly sales, and instead to offer results only quarterly. It's a trend some retailing experts see as robbing them of an important barometer in determining a business' fiscal well-being.
By Fred O'Connor | 09 March, 2011 03:19
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
This whitepaper gives an overview of networks and applications, describes basic principles of web application optimization, and then examines the benefits and drawbacks of various acceleration techniques to ultimately improve web application performance. •Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques •A simplified web application acceleration solution that lowers the operational and commercial barriers and improves user experience is idea •F5 offers a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience
- Lawmakers want to protect the online freedom to Yelp
- NASA: We "know enough" to send humans to Mars
- SAP CEO touts tighter Google ties
- EMC hopes to extend ViPR Controller's reach with open-source release
- Dell bringing Windows desktop to Chromebooks through appliance
- Microsoft takes old Surface tablets in trade for new Surface 3
- Intel's 18-core Xeon chips tuned for machine learning, analytics
- Sprint hangs on to third-largest carrier position ahead of T-Mobile
- French lawmakers take first step toward gathering all communications metadata
- Apple Watch band guidelines exert careful control over design
- The Carly Fiorina teardown begins as '16 race heats up
- Telerik pitches new framework for building Android, iOS, Windows apps
- Microsoft wants Verizon to hand over names of suspected Windows pirates
- Can Elon Musk's battery really cut your power lines?
- Microsoft touts new update service as way for enterprises to go slow on Windows 10