Kaviza - News, Features, and Slideshows
More than 20 years ago, the desktop revolution swept across the land, ushering in a new paradigm of computing, taking processing away from a centralized host, and moving it to personal computers at the edge of the network. With VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure), as the saying goes, what's old is new again. Using virtualization, IT now has the ability to bring those distinct computing platforms back under one roof, while also providing for greater control and flexibility of user access.
By Keith Schultz | 14 December, 2011 22:14
Citrix Systems has acquired Kaviza, a company whose preconfigured Virtual Desktop Infrastructure-in-a-box makes it easier for small and medium-size businesses to start using desktop virtualization, Citrix said on Monday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 24 May, 2011 18:48
Users of iPhones, iPads or Android-based smartphones can access virtualized Windows desktops using version 3.1 of Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box product, the company said on Wednesday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 22 September, 2010 21:01
Stressing desktop virtualization as a cost-saver for smaller enterprises, Kaviza is partnering with Citrix to boost Kaviza's VDI-in-a-box (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) technology.
By Paul Krill | 07 April, 2010 01:08
Incorporating path control in your WAN is a critical first step along the way to deploying a full SD-WAN solution. This whitepaper looks at how you can use dynamic tools to shortcut the complex configurations and expenditures of time and resources to ultimately efficiently utilise the hybrid links that may already be deployed in the network.
This infographic looks at how to organisations are overcoming the challenges associated with hybrid computing and summarizes the results found in the research paper “Optimized Sourcing in Hybrid Environments.”
- Fujitsu unveils Chromebook managed service offering for enterprises
- Defence extends Optus satellite contract until 2020
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- How getting mobile helped John Holland slash IT costs
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- An Aussie company is building the world's smallest SDN switch
- Hardcore Hardware: The Origin PC Millennium can show off its three GeForce GTX 980Ti cards from either side
- In Pictures: Hacking Team's hack curated
- In Pictures: HP Pro Slate 8 features magic pen
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Petition to remove Reddit CEO tops 200K signatures
- Gartner: No help for the PC biz from Windows 10
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
- EMC sells Syncplicity to focus on core storage business
- U.S. State Department moves to block 3D-printed gun plans online