Kno - News, Features, and Slideshows
Samsung promoted enterprise uses for its upcoming Galaxy Tab Active rugged tablet, its Knox security and management software, and even its Gear VR headset at its recent Super Mobility Week in Las Vegas.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 September, 2014 05:21
The growing number of data breaches resulting in massive numbers of payment cards being stolen from retail stores and other businesses is occurring because they're failing to keep up with the Payment Card Industry's data security standard, according to the PCI Security Standards Council.
By Ellen Messmer | 28 August, 2014 22:54
New tariffs imposed by the U.S. on Chinese imports of solar cells and (for the first time) Taiwan has infuriated some in the solar power industry who believe the steep taxes will adversely affect businesses and consumers.
By Lucas Mearian | 29 July, 2014 07:38
Anyone hoping to gain Microsoft certification in Office 365 better know the ins and outs of provisioning, security, syncing, identities and troubleshooting for the cloud version of Microsoft's flagship productivity suite.
By Tim Greene | 19 June, 2014 04:13
Samsung is deploying Knox, its secure platform for mobile devices, to earn the trust of the IT departments that run BYOD programs.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 29 April, 2014 23:07
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
Bang & Olufsen has produced its first set of over-the-ear headphones and the first new headphones it's released in more than 25 years. The Danish company is also selling new ear buds that offer good sound reproduction in an understated, but classy, look.
By Lucas Mearian | 21 June, 2013 19:20
The federal government's automatic budget cuts, due to begin Friday, may accelerate cost savings measures already in place. But there will be damage to IT spending, and a period of uncertainty as the government reacts to the cuts.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 01 March, 2013 11:08
Lessons from 9/11 have helped ensure the financial services sector in New York and New Jersey is prepared for disasters, and even shorted the time to recover when regional events happen.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 October, 2012 10:14
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6
- Half-baked mergers
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Watch video of the first iPhone 6...being dropped