Kno - News, Features, and Slideshows
BARCELONA: With the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung is making a concerted effort to attract workers as potential buyers and to win the hearts of IT managers who have to wrangle with enterprise smartphone security and management.
By Matt Hamblen | 05 March, 2015 04:31
Microsoft today took the unusual step of telling users running Windows 10's Technical Preview to uninstall Office before applying one of December's security updates.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 December, 2014 08:47
Cisco is getting a lift from apparent momentum behind its Nexus 9000 switches and Application Centric Infrastructure fabric. Investment firm UBS boosted its Cisco stock price targets after discussions with EMEA chief Chris Dedicoat yielded numbers UBS found encouraging.
By Jim Duffy | 05 December, 2014 05:20
Imagine a fleet of quad copters or drones equipped with explosives and controlled by terrorists. Or someone who hacks into a connected insulin pump and changes the settings in a lethal way. Or maybe the hacker who accesses a building's furnace and thermostat controls and runs the furnace full bore until a fire is started.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 28 November, 2014 22:39
Samsung promoted enterprise uses for its upcoming Galaxy Tab Active rugged tablet, its Knox security and management software, and even its Gear VR headset at its recent Super Mobility Week in Las Vegas.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 September, 2014 05:21
As part of the NSA's program to certify commercial off-the-shelf technology for use inside the agency, mobile devices from Samsung and Boeing have been cleared for use by NSA employees.
By By Dirk A. D. Smith | 10 February, 2015 04:59
This month's Black Tuesday crop of patches held more than a few surprises. True to form, my choice for the "most likely to splat," the KB 3000061 kernel mode driver patch, repeatedly fails to install on many machines. Although the Knowledge Base article hasn't been updated, Microsoft support engineer joscon confirmed a workaround for the problem on Thursday afternoon.
By Woody Leonhard | 31 October, 2014 22:59
Google will provide enterprise-focused security and management features to its entire Android showcase of mobile devices, including features reserved only for Samsung devices running Samsung security software called Knox, a Google executive announced during the Google I/O keynote address Wednesday.
By Matt Hamblen | 26 June, 2014 06:59
Bang & Olufsen has produced its first set of over-the-ear headphones and the first new headphones it's released in more than 25 years. The Danish company is also selling new ear buds that offer good sound reproduction in an understated, but classy, look.
By Lucas Mearian | 21 June, 2013 19:20
The federal government's automatic budget cuts, due to begin Friday, may accelerate cost savings measures already in place. But there will be damage to IT spending, and a period of uncertainty as the government reacts to the cuts.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 01 March, 2013 11:08
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
The most basic network attacks attempt to overwhelm a defensive device with sheer volumes of traffic. Sometimes these volumetric attacks are designed to overload the connections-per-second (CPS) capacity (e.g., the ramp-up rate). Learn how to mitigate DDoS attacks
- Cheap mobile subscriptions the bait as Euro operators become more aggressive
- US lawmakers push for auctions of gov't spectrum
- Tech companies call on US to end bulk collection of metadata
- Amazon debuts bottomless storage plans for photos, data
- Mobile storage about to balloon with new 3D flash chips from Intel and Micron
- Galaxy S6 price starts at $650 off-contract, 19% more for Edge
- Many password strength meters are downright WEAK, researchers say
- At F8 today, virtual reality may be next phase of social networking
- ZTE's Nubia Z9 Max phablet packs a powerful camera
- Spartan forecast: Browser of choice for 1 in 7 Windows users within a year
- Microsoft to simplify Azure migration with bigger VM drives
- Will embedded and middleware help save Blackberry?
- Facebook's iOS UI development framework goes open source
- Uber's Amsterdam office raided by Dutch authorities
- E-commerce companies face EU antitrust probe