LAN & WAN - News, Features, and Slideshows
Small businesses in selected neighborhoods in Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri now have the opportunity to get in on Google's fiber Internet service, the company announced today.
By Jon Gold | 12 November, 2014 09:22
Researchers from the University of Central Florida and Eindhoven University of Technology say that they've developed a new fiber optic medium that allows data to be sent and received at up to 255Tbps, a roughly twenty-fold increase over current fiber.
By Jon Gold | 28 October, 2014 04:53
"I want to watch what I want, when I want, wherever I want, and I don't want to pay through the nose for it."
By By Jennifer Tuohy, writing for Home Depot | 24 October, 2014 07:07
You might think that next-generation broadband speeds and DSL go together like Amsterdam and New Hampshire, and you'd be right, but perhaps not in the way you think.
By Bob Brown | 22 October, 2014 07:16
The widespread availability of Gigabit Internet connectivity by 2025 will open a brave new world of killer apps, according to the more than 1,400 experts who contributed to the Pew Research Center's latest study.
By Jon Gold | 10 October, 2014 01:06
SIP roll-out has picked and, by 2019, SIP worldwide traffic could be more than double today's volume. While 30% of worldwide network traffic today moves with the use of SIP, in 2019 76% of outbound call traffic will be SIP.
By Eastern Management Group | 30 June, 2014 23:04
One of the key challenges confronting potential users of software-defined networking is discerning the specific value of particular SDN controllers. Controllers, after all, play critical role as the key arbiter between network applications and network infrastructure.
By Ethan Banks | 02 December, 2013 13:54
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Top 5 reasons why EMC for archiving This whitepaper provides the top five reasons why organisations looking for the best-of-breed archive software and protection storage for a true end-to-end archive solution. · Archiving inactive data from tier-1 storage is a key way to save big · Eliminate siloes for administration savings, while maximising overall storage efficiency, typically reducing archive and backup capacity required by 10-30x. · Archiving solution that allows you to add virtual and physical servers to meet new demands
- Spliddit: Algorithms to divide the rent, stuff, or credit fairly between people
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Black Friday: Newegg axes prices on laptops, desktops, tablets and more
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- Double-edged feedback sword nicks Microsoft over OneDrive
- The ups and downs of Microsoft Band
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
- FCC chairman gives no timeline for net neutrality decision
- Connected-home Babel: There's an app for that, startup says
- Flurry of hydrogen fuel cell cars challenge all-electric vehicles
- Mozilla reports flat revenue from Google-Firefox search deal
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market