lg - News, Features, and Slideshows
lg in pictures
When you're competing for the attention of almost a quarter of a million visitors, it helps to have a gimmick or two. The big names of the consumer electronics industry know this and each year at Germany's IFA electronics show, they try to outdo each other with the latest and greatest technology they have.
By Martyn Williams | 06 September, 2014 03:30
TCL today announced what it's calling the first 55-in., 4K UHD TV with a full color spectrum comparable to OLED TVs, but that will sell for one-third the price.
By Lucas Mearian | 04 September, 2014 06:49
Phone manufacturers are once again hoping improved cameras and bigger and better screens will be enough to get users to upgrade, while at the same time increasing efforts to get consumers in emerging countries to buy their first smartphone.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 25 February, 2014 16:19
A place in your pocket is no longer enough for mobile gadget makers: now, they want your body.
By Martyn Williams | 29 March, 2014 03:22
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-core processor and a 4.3-inch display. So how does 3D look on a mobile phone? Well, I'm honestly not all that impressed.
By Ginny Mies | 15 February, 2011 03:36
The upcoming LG Electronics GW990 smartphone looks, and feels, like it could be a real hit when it finally gets to the market in the second half of the year.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 January, 2010 00:41
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
Instead of being caught in the financial vice of replacing 4,000 computers, the Tyler School District decided to implement a Vblock system and use its existing computers as thin clients. • Difficult financial times prompted a change in the approach to upgrading IT resources. • The district saved $1M in capital expenditures and expects to save $2.7M in the next 5 years. • Along with cost savings, the district benefits from improvement in student experience and ability to reinvest
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- Apple hands 8 execs stock awards worth up to $27M
- Neural networks draw on context to improve machine translations
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 review: An attractive Chrome OS experience
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Automation arrives at restaurants (but don't blame rising minimum wages)
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
- Usage alert compliance a priority as TCP code enforcement heads into year three
- Symantec donates $260k towards cyberbullying prevention
- Court delays NBN Co, Pipe Networks battle
- Adobe begins encrypting user data collected from Digital Editions app