lte - News, Features, and Slideshows
lte in pictures
The FCC last week granted Verizon and Qualcomm permission to conduct limited tests of LTE-U technology in Raleigh, North Carolina and Oklahoma City, ahead of a planned summit meeting next week.
By Jon Gold | 06 February, 2016 07:23
America’s big four wireless service providers are enthusiastic about the prospect of delivering data over unlicensed frequencies via LTE-U, but they’re playing their cards very close to their chests when it comes to specific plans.
By Jon Gold | 29 January, 2016 05:14
San Jose, Calif. has begun installing 50 SmartPoles that integrate LTE wireless with LED street lighting.
By Matt Hamblen | 09 December, 2015 00:09
The Wi-Fi Alliance, an industry group that certifies Wi-Fi products for interoperability, has highlighted the importance of the technology to the daily lives of Americans ahead of a testing summit that will try to shed some light on potential conflicts between Wi-Fi and a carrier technology called LTE-U.
By Jon Gold | 05 November, 2015 01:07
Big wireless providers elbowing their way onto the same unlicensed spectrum as your Wi-Fi isn’t going to be the headache that many predict, according to Qualcomm senior vice president of business development Neville Meijers.
By Jon Gold | 10 September, 2015 19:07
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $1.4 billion.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 31 August, 2010 08:18
Whitepapers about lte
The mobile workforce needs dependable, high-speed network connectivity to get the job done. This whitepaper looks at how refreshing client fleets with built-in 4G LTE technology lets employees take the internet with them - boosting flexibility, productivity and cost-efficiency.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees