Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
A petition started last year that urges Apple's CEO to recall older MacBook Pro laptops to fix a graphics problem has passed the 10,000-signature mark, part of an ongoing effort to get Apple to do something.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 03:09
Apple released the sixth developer preview of OS X Yosemite today.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 August, 2014 06:33
The preview of Apple's OS X Yosemite public beta last week resulted in a tripling of the upgrade's share of online traffic.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 05:52
Apple still has redemption codes available for its public beta of OS X Yosemite.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 July, 2014 05:27
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
Opportunities to truly innovate are rare. Yet today, Flash technology has created the opportunity to not only deliver massive I/O performance, but to transform ease-of-use, array capabilities and business value. Welcome to the 100% Flash Enterprise Storage Array – where unimaginable performance is only the start.
- HP reports surprise growth as PC sales climb
- How Tesla will help bring renewable energy to your business or home
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- AT&T to get the M8 for Windows, too; it's not just Verizon
- R programming language gaining ground on traditional statistics packages
- How can the Internet have too many routes and not enough addresses?
- OnBeep developing walkie-talkie type wearable for mobile devices
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request