Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
Developer interest in OS X Yosemite appears to be quadruple that of 2013's Mavericks.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 July, 2014 04:13
Apple has begun replacing Google Maps with its own mapping technology on iCloud.com, specifically in the Web-based "Find My iPhone" service.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 04:38
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Smart companies use DevOps to speed the rollout and quality of new apps and services to market. See the findings from a survey of 1300 global IT leaders in this snack-sized infographic including the real benefits a good DevOps strategy can bring to your business.
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement
- Sale of Mt. Gox-related Bitcoins.com halted after court order
- Qualcomm faces hurdles collecting royalties from China
- Twitter employees mainly male and white, says it has 'lot of work to do'
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- Microsoft verging on single OS across all devices
- Top 5 take-aways from Tim Cook on Apple's Q3 earnings call
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with Cloud enticements
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts