Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
A petition started last year that urges Apple's CEO to recall older MacBook Pro laptops to fix a graphics problem has passed the 10,000-signature mark, part of an ongoing effort to get Apple to do something.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 August, 2014 03:09
Apple released the sixth developer preview of OS X Yosemite today.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 August, 2014 06:33
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
A growing number of organisations are using off the shelf technologies to stretch application processing and data access for continuous application and availability. This paper describes how deployment models for applications work. Enterprises are consolidating high availability and data recovery practices and technologies to achieve continuous availability that provides users with uninterrupted access to data and applications The right solution provides data coherency across distance for simultaneous access to the same data in multiple locations Organisations need to be able to trust that the data and applications it depends on will continues to be available and operate, through both planned and unplanned outages
- Harper review recommends scrutiny of trade agreement IP clauses
- In Pictures: Meet the 12 wealthiest people in social media
- In Pictures: Eight is enough?
- Optus tunes up 4G network with carrier aggregation
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6