Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
The preview of Apple's OS X Yosemite public beta last week resulted in a tripling of the upgrade's share of online traffic.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 05:52
Apple still has redemption codes available for its public beta of OS X Yosemite.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 July, 2014 05:27
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
- Obama signs cellphone unlocking bill
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Google offloads mystery barge to marine company
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- HP's new lifeline for OpenVMS gets a thanks from users
- Facebook outage hits users
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Amazon's four tips to make sure your cloud is secure
- HP agrees to settle allegations it overbilled US Postal Service
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint