Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. -- Widespread iPhone and iPad adoption is influencing broader use of Apple products in the enterprise, namely desktops and laptops. One enterprise seeing this is University of Nevada at Reno, where academic freedom at the research university also means the freedom to choose an OS.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 15 July, 2015 20:06
Apple today released the second developer preview of OS X 10.11, aka El Capitan, matching the cadence of last year's Yosemite to the day.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 June, 2015 06:09
Apple will turn back the clock to 2009, and as it did with that year's OS X Snow Leopard, focus less on shiny new features in the next Mac operating system and more on improving quality, performance and stability, an online report asserted last week.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 May, 2015 01:23
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- FBI Director entreats tech firms to release encrypted data used in crimes and terror
- World's largest solar plant goes live; will provide power for 1.1M people
- Carriers celebrate as Telecommunications Act of 1996 turns 20
- Obama’s new cybersecurity agenda: What you need to know
- Navy calls on researchers to create firefighting humanoid robot
- Law firm searches for plaintiffs for class action suit against Apple over 'Error 53'
- Angular 1.5.0 paves the way for Angular 2
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- Twitter gets an assist in taking on trolls and bullies
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Gartner: Vendors hype cloud revenue to impress Wall Street
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip