Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to various common locations on your computer.
Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
As more applications are likely to use touchscreens, Apple may need to develop products that merge features like touch with advanced computing capabilities.
Apple's OS X El Capitan has been on a faster tempo of preview releases than last year's Yosemite, perhaps signaling that the upgrade for the Mac will launch later this month or in September.
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. -- Widespread iPhone and iPad adoption is influencing broader use of Apple products in the enterprise, namely desktops and laptops. One enterprise seeing this is University of Nevada at Reno, where academic freedom at the research university also means the freedom to choose an OS.
Apple today released the second developer preview of OS X 10.11, aka El Capitan, matching the cadence of last year's Yosemite to the day.
Apple announced that it will live-stream the opening keynote at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next week.
An easy step-by-step guide to the Bash command-line shell and shell scripting
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing