Mac OS X - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mac OS X in pictures
Apple today released the second developer preview of OS X 10.11, aka El Capitan, matching the cadence of last year's Yosemite to the day.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 June, 2015 06:09
Apple will turn back the clock to 2009, and as it did with that year's OS X Snow Leopard, focus less on shiny new features in the next Mac operating system and more on improving quality, performance and stability, an online report asserted last week.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 May, 2015 01:23
Apple's recent patch to fix a serious privilege escalation vulnerability in OS X Yosemite can be easily circumvented, a security researcher said.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 April, 2015 03:19
Apple today updated OS X Yosemite to 10.10.3, a build most notable for Photos, a new application that replaces the aged iPhoto.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 April, 2015 04:53
The clock is ticking on support for Office for the Mac 2011, and there's still no sign from Microsoft of a replacement.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2014 05:27
Online word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation apps can be surprisingly useful, or surprisingly lame, and not even Microsoft aces Office document compatibility
By Woody Leonhard | 11 June, 2014 20:08
Apple yesterday countered Microsoft's vision of the future, where multiple devices collapse into one, with a recognition that compromises and multiple devices are not only the reality, but could be lucrative.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 June, 2014 05:17
Apple made it official Wednesday that it would acquire Beats Entertainment, but even after weeks of speculation, pundits still can't decide whether the deal is a smart move.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 May, 2014 21:58
Apple has improved its security in recent years, but is it enough?
By Bob Violino | 10 March, 2014 11:04
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
This whitepaper looks at the dramatic shift in the relationship between technology and business and the challenges organisations are facing with expanding investments in mobility, social media, and Big Data/analytics — and, most significantly, a transformation to cloud-based delivery.
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government
- NSW taskforce to examine Uber-style ridesharing apps
- M2 completes Call Plus acquisition
- Online tool to help NSW agencies comply with FOI rules
- Zuckerberg wants to be the Stephen Hawking of social relations
- More than 28 billion gigabytes of storage shipped last quarter
- Microsoft releases its second Windows 10 build in two days
- ACCC recommends more information sharing by NBN
- Watch as we follow one of Google's new self-driving cars
- Data#3 takes majority stake in Wi-Fi analytics firm
- Skype for Business pros & cons
- The Best Android Phones You Can Buy Today