Malware and Vulnerabilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has restored service to its security advisory mailing list, but it has buried the sign-up form and made it hard to find.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 July, 2014 00:26
While Google's Chrome and Microsoft's IE10 and IE11 browsers will automatically update to the latest version of Adobe Flash, anyone using Safari, Firefox, Opera or older versions of IE must do so manually.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 06:25
Microsoft pans to ship six security updates to customers next week, patching all versions of Internet Explorer and nearly all supported editions of Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 July, 2014 05:42
Hackers recently broke into payment systems at several northwestern U.S. restaurants and food service firms via a remote access account belonging to one of their vendors, another example of the need for companies to monitor third-party access to their networks.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 July, 2014 22:01
Microsoft has pulled out the big guns - a fear-of-God approach - to scare users into dumping Windows XP, telling them the most popular tasks done on a PC will put them in the crosshairs of cyber criminals.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 March, 2014 16:06
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
As bitcoin values jumped in the last months of 2013, malware designed to steal the virtual currency exploded, security researchers from Dell SecureWorks said this week.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 February, 2014 20:36
Target's acknowledgement Friday that personal data of 70 million people, not 40 million as previously thought, may have been exposed to hackers in a recent data breach raises new questions about the incident and how it could affect victims.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 10 January, 2014 17:13
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This white paper details how a 100% Flash-based scale-out enterprise storage array delivers high levels of performance and scalability; brings new levels of ease-of-use to SAN storage, while offering new features that help to deliver advanced performance and cost savings.
- ABS develops Web service for users to create own population clock
- Rogue employees using photocopiers and email services to steal data
- Connected home brings new revenue opportunity for telcos: Ovum
- Melbourne recruitment firm fined $11k for Office 2007 piracy
- Blow up your website and start over
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Telstra unveils interoperable videoconferencing service
- Apple will 'set the world on fire' with iPhone 6 sales
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures