Malware and Vulnerabilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has restored service to its security advisory mailing list, but it has buried the sign-up form and made it hard to find.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 July, 2014 00:26
While Google's Chrome and Microsoft's IE10 and IE11 browsers will automatically update to the latest version of Adobe Flash, anyone using Safari, Firefox, Opera or older versions of IE must do so manually.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 06:25
Microsoft pans to ship six security updates to customers next week, patching all versions of Internet Explorer and nearly all supported editions of Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 July, 2014 05:42
Hackers recently broke into payment systems at several northwestern U.S. restaurants and food service firms via a remote access account belonging to one of their vendors, another example of the need for companies to monitor third-party access to their networks.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 July, 2014 22:01
Microsoft has pulled out the big guns - a fear-of-God approach - to scare users into dumping Windows XP, telling them the most popular tasks done on a PC will put them in the crosshairs of cyber criminals.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 March, 2014 16:06
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
As bitcoin values jumped in the last months of 2013, malware designed to steal the virtual currency exploded, security researchers from Dell SecureWorks said this week.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 February, 2014 20:36
Target's acknowledgement Friday that personal data of 70 million people, not 40 million as previously thought, may have been exposed to hackers in a recent data breach raises new questions about the incident and how it could affect victims.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 10 January, 2014 17:13
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
The need for advanced IT capabilities for competitive advantage isn’t limited to big companies. This whitepaper details how SMB’s and entry-level companies can still access functional capability and good economic value through the power of technology.
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?
- Qualcomm: Interoperability, community keys to wearable technology success
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- EBay faces class action suit over data breach
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement
- Sale of Mt. Gox-related Bitcoins.com halted after court order
- Qualcomm faces hurdles collecting royalties from China
- Twitter employees mainly male and white, says it has 'lot of work to do'