Malware and Vulnerabilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
A growing tendency by business units and workgroups to sign up for cloud services without asking their IT organization creates serious risks for enterprises.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 25 August, 2014 22:59
A week after Microsoft pulled a Patch Tuesday update that crippled some Windows 7 PCs, the company has yet to provide a working fix for either the original flaw or the resulting problem.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 August, 2014 21:31
Although Microsoft has pulled a patch from Windows Update that crippled some computers, it is still pushing a truncated version of the security update that contained the flawed fix.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 August, 2014 23:34
Microsoft is quietly recommending that customers uninstall one of last week's security updates after users reported that it crippled their computers with the infamous "Blue Screen of Death."
By Gregg Keizer | 18 August, 2014 03:45
A data breach at Supervalu Inc., one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S., could affect thousands of people who shopped at the company's stores in June and July.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 16 August, 2014 03:36
Microsoft has pulled out the big guns - a fear-of-God approach - to scare users into dumping Windows XP, telling them the most popular tasks done on a PC will put them in the crosshairs of cyber criminals.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 March, 2014 16:06
Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 14 March, 2014 10:27
As bitcoin values jumped in the last months of 2013, malware designed to steal the virtual currency exploded, security researchers from Dell SecureWorks said this week.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 February, 2014 20:36
Target's acknowledgement Friday that personal data of 70 million people, not 40 million as previously thought, may have been exposed to hackers in a recent data breach raises new questions about the incident and how it could affect victims.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 10 January, 2014 17:13
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches
- Republican gains in Congress would have limited impact on big tech issues
- One code to rule them all: Dronecode
- What you should know about Lenovo's Motorola acquisition
- Sencha melds desktop and smartphone management with Space
- Sorry movie goers, Google Glass, other wearables banned from cinemas
- Drupal: If you weren't quick to patch, assume your site was hacked
- After rocket explosion, no air, water pollutants detected