Marriott International - News, Features, and Slideshows
Rick Hampton, the wireless communications manager for Boston-based Partners Healthcare, has seen the dialogue among network professionals heating up in the wake of the FCC's sternly-worded enforcement warning about illegal Wi-Fi blocking and says it's no wonder the commission is fired up.
By Bob Brown | 10 February, 2015 22:21
The FCC has been very clear that it didn't approve of a Marriott International hotel's blocking of convention center attendees' Wi-Fi hotspots: It fined the hospitality company $600,000 last fall and issued a stern warning on Jan. 27 that such wireless network interference by others will not be tolerated either.
By Bob Brown | 04 February, 2015 05:05
The FCC's sternly worded warning about illegal Wi-Fi blocking earlier this week got through to at least one organization: Marriott International's Global CIO issued a statement Friday that the hospitality outfit is withdrawing efforts to gain clarification from the commission on what methods can be used to protect corporate Wi-Fi networks.
By Bob Brown | 01 February, 2015 09:58
The FCC on Tuesday warned that it will no longer tolerate hotels, convention centers or others intentionally interfering with personal Wi-Fi hotspots.
By Bob Brown | 28 January, 2015 09:24
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
In the past, application delivery was something that stood in the way of business objectives. It slowed down key initiatives and delayed time-to-market for innovative services. Read the Forrester report that describes the keys to effective application delivery in the modern age. You will learn: how to deliver innovative software at a pace that was inconceivable just a few years ago, how to master a fluid approach to design and development across functions and organisations, how to open up a performance advantage over dev shops that don’t embrace these methods.
- Latest Windows 10 SDK preview helps developers build cooler photo apps
- China tightens grip over the Internet with new security law
- Leap second causes Internet hiccup, particularly in Brazil
- Sony launches crowdfunding site, e-paper remote control
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government
- NSW taskforce to examine Uber-style ridesharing apps
- M2 completes Call Plus acquisition
- Online tool to help NSW agencies comply with FOI rules
- Zuckerberg wants to be the Stephen Hawking of social relations
- More than 28 billion gigabytes of storage shipped last quarter
- Microsoft releases its second Windows 10 build in two days
- ACCC recommends more information sharing by NBN