media - News, Features, and Slideshows
Sydney startup Newzulu will continue its global expansion after successfully raising $11.5 million in capital, the crowd-sourced media company announced.
By Adam Bender | 03 February, 2015 14:49
The arrival in Australia of Google Chromecast could shake the media landscape, according to an IBRS analyst.
By Adam Bender | 28 May, 2014 09:42
The corporate media is facing a deep-going, digital-driven crisis: Dropping print advertising revenue, a growth in online ad spend that hasn't plugged the revenue hole, and the unwillingness, in general, of readers to pay for online news.
By Rohan Pearce | 06 November, 2012 11:27
Time Inc has secured a deal with Apple that will bundle free iPad access to print subscribers, according to a Wall Street Journal report. If you have a print subscription to Time, Sports Illustrated, or Fortune, you will be able to log into the iPad versions of the publications and get the electronic editions for free starting today.
By Daniel Ionescu | 03 May, 2011 00:02
Analog movies can be the easiest--or the hardest--medium to digitize, depending on the format you're working with. While older camcorder and video formats such as 8mm and Hi8 or VHS and Betamax tapes are easy to transfer, digitizing film can be difficult at best.
By Jon L. Jacobi | 03 March, 2011 02:00
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
This infographic looks at the current backup and recovery practices of IT managers and CIOs as well as their predictions and plans to protect their valuable information for the future. Find out: How much and where data in organisations is growing the fastest, the top 5 back up challenges organisations are facing and what the road ahead holds for backup and recovery strategies.
- EU sets June 2017 as date to end mobile roaming charges
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS
- FIDO two-factor authentication goes wireless
- Cisco to buy OpenDNS to boost Security Everywhere initiative
- Fon keeps adding Wi-Fi hotspots, but struggles to crack the US
- Google asks for, and gets, extra time to respond to European antitrust charges
- Huawei's Honor brand strives to become global
- Workday spans finance and HR with real-time planning tool
- Update: Google, Microsoft, Oracle back new R Consortium at Linux Foundation
- AllSeen cuts the ribbon on a bridge to other IoT worlds
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, June 30
- With a month to go, Microsoft issues new Windows 10 build with Edge browser brand
- Gartner lowers its IT spending forecast, but says activity remains high
- Microsoft could write off billions on Nokia deal as early as Wednesday
- Toshiba readies scorpion-like robot for Fukushima nuclear plant