Mergers and acquisitions - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mergers and acquisitions in pictures
Microsoft today announced it would pay $2.5 billion for Mojang, the developer of the very popular Minecraft game, a move that some analysts saw as a purchase of the massive community that's evolved around the game as much as an acquisition of the game itself.
By Gregg Keizer | 16 September, 2014 06:17
Microsoft has agreed to buy Mojang, the Swedish developer of the Minecraft PC and console game, for US$2.5 billion, the companies announced Monday.
By Peter Sayer | 15 September, 2014 23:21
Oracle has signed an agreement to acquire Front Porch Digital, a provider of technology for migrating, managing and monetizing large-scale media content.
By John Ribeiro | 15 September, 2014 12:11
The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
By Stephen Lawson | 13 September, 2014 05:08
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
By Stephen Lawson | 30 January, 2014 01:45
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out new services more quickly, according to Intel.
By Stephen Lawson | 17 December, 2013 23:48
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Facebook said it is buying Mobile Technologies, a company known for its speech recognition and voice-to-voice translation technology.
By Sharon Gaudin | 13 August, 2013 19:05
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
Traditional backups are just too slow, inefficient and unreliable for the typical data center of today.
- BlackLine creates APAC vice president role
- Apple Watch under scrutiny for privacy by Connecticut attorney general
- Antique equipment dents IPv6 reliability
- 'Tiny banker' malware targets US financial institutions
- Flash storage hits the right note for APRA AMCOS
- Data loss detection tool mines the ephemeral world of 'pastes'
- Telstra to carry out Etihad Stadium tech upgrade
- Google registers dip in data requests from Australian police
- Wi-Fi group acts to simplify peer-to-peer video, printing and other tasks
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- University of Queensland seeks network DDoS mitigation services
- Uber doubles down on shared rides, enacts permanent pricing cut for UberX
- In Pictures: World’s hot alternative energy projects
- In Pictures: New features coming to Internet Explorer
- In Pictures: 9 nightmare sci-fi virtual realities that are closer than you think