Microsoft Surface Pro - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's new Surface for Windows 8 Pro is a light, sleek device with the functionality of a tablet and also that of a full laptop, but it's not perfect.
By Tim Greene | 06 February, 2013 03:01
Nothing is perfect including Microsoft's Surface for Windows 8 Pro ultrabook, but it does have some nice features.
By Tim Greene | 06 February, 2013 03:00
Microsoft says Surface for Windows 8 Pro laptop/tablets are rolling off the assembly lines, meaning that availability of the hardware Microsoft thinks Windows 8 should run on can't be far off.
By Tim Greene | 18 January, 2013 17:15
Windows 8 will shoulder part of the blame for a worse-than-expected dip in Q4 PC sales because it didn't offer clear enough benefits that might spark a surge in PC buying, according to IDC.
By Tim Greene | 11 January, 2013 22:53
The full-blown Windows 8 version of Microsoft's new tablet -- Surface Pro -- goes on sale in January with a starting price of $899 ... and that doesn't include the distinctive snap-on cover/keyboard that will be pretty much essential for anyone wanting to use the machine for traditional Windows applications.
By Tim Greene | 29 November, 2012 21:13
Microsoft's home-built ultrabook called Surface for Windows 8 Pro goes on sale on Saturday in the US and may be the Windows 8 device that best meets a wide range of corporate needs from tablet to desktop.
By Tim Greene | 06 February, 2013 03:00
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too