Microsoft's new Surface for Windows 8 Pro is a light, sleek device with the functionality of a tablet and also that of a full laptop, but it's not perfect.
Microsoft Surface Pro - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nothing is perfect including Microsoft's Surface for Windows 8 Pro ultrabook, but it does have some nice features.
Microsoft says Surface for Windows 8 Pro laptop/tablets are rolling off the assembly lines, meaning that availability of the hardware Microsoft thinks Windows 8 should run on can't be far off.
Windows 8 will shoulder part of the blame for a worse-than-expected dip in Q4 PC sales because it didn't offer clear enough benefits that might spark a surge in PC buying, according to IDC.
The full-blown Windows 8 version of Microsoft's new tablet -- Surface Pro -- goes on sale in January with a starting price of $899 ... and that doesn't include the distinctive snap-on cover/keyboard that will be pretty much essential for anyone wanting to use the machine for traditional Windows applications.
Microsoft's home-built ultrabook called Surface for Windows 8 Pro goes on sale on Saturday in the US and may be the Windows 8 device that best meets a wide range of corporate needs from tablet to desktop.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW