Microsoft - News, Features, and Slideshows
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Microsoft sued as lawsuits over employee no-poach deal mount
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- Nadella's 2014 comp package tops $84M
Microsoft in pictures
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
By Agam Shah | 23 October, 2014 05:55
Microsoft is continuing its crusade to get CIOs interested in Windows 10, touting new security features that include two-factor authentication built directly into the OS.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 23 October, 2014 05:25
As it fights to remain a leader in enterprise social networking (ESN) among giant rivals, pure-play vendor Jive Software has been furiously integrating its suite with the most popular business software, now adding the Google Docs productivity applications.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 23 October, 2014 03:11
A court filing in May last year has attracted more class action lawsuits, alleging secret no-poaching deals among tech companies to keep salaries low.
By John Ribeiro | 22 October, 2014 17:38
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so until many IT admins plan to kiss 2010 goodbye and break for the holidays, it is important to understand and prioritize the latest patches for quick implementation.
By Tony Bradley | 15 December, 2010 07:13
With a series of Cloud announcements on Monday, Microsoft moved to put a stake in the ground with hybrid Cloud computing and emerge from the shadow of Cloud rivals Google and Amazon.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 October, 2014 12:24
It's looking more and more likely that Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) is warning about a Trojan:DOS/Alureon.J infection when none exists.
By Woody Leonhard | 08 October, 2014 22:30
Yesterday Microsoft released patch KB 3005628 for Windows 8, 8.1, Server 2012, and Server 2012 R2. It's a trivial, non-security patch. The fact that it wasn't kept and issued in the normal cadence (patches usually arrive on Update Tuesday, which is next Tuesday) points to either an accidental release to the Automatic Update chute -- which we've seen before -- or an unwelcome switch in Microsoft's patching strategy. Either possibility is troubling.
By Woody Leonhard | 08 October, 2014 22:06
When evaluating the marketplaces of the big three public IaaS cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft - AWS stands out in terms of the maturity of its platform for partners to offer products and services on top of its cloud. But Microsoft, too, has a formidable partner program that could rival Amazon's in the future, analysts predict.
By Brandon Butler | 08 October, 2014 21:06
Whitepapers about Microsoft
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
This IDC Vendor Spotlight examines how enterprises and service providers can tap on next-generation application delivery solutions to increase the availability of applications to end users.
- Chicago takes top spot in mobile performance ranking
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Twitter brings log-in via phone number to wider app landscape with 'Fabric' platform
- Attach Xbox One Kinect sensors to Windows tablets, PCs with adapter kit
- Cities hope to boost broadband with new coalition
- Twitter tears into mobile developer services with Fabric
- Google rethinks webmail with Inbox, raising questions about Gmail's future
- Windows 10 to get two-factor authentication built-in
- Startup wants to make cloud attractive for security-sensitive businesses
- Lawmakers call on FCC to reclassify broadband for net neutrality
- Massive malvertising campaign on Yahoo, AOL and other sites delivers ransomware
- Lufthansa leaves the computing to IBM
- Jive integrates enterprise social suite with Google Docs
- ARM speeds data flow in the cloud with new, zippy interconnects
- Apple: Internet Explorer? Never heard of it