mobile applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile applications in pictures
There's nothing like a brand-new medium to put marketing departments into overdrive, and it would be hard to find a better example than the recent, rapid-fire arrival of live-stream video apps Meerkat and Periscope.
By Katherine Noyes | 28 March, 2015 06:26
Uber keeps crashing into laws and regulations in Europe, but it's keeping the foot on the accelerator.
By Loek Essers | 27 March, 2015 00:00
Facebook's app for its F8 developer conference stole some of the show's thunder by sending out, ahead of the event, a notification that revealed what products will most likely be discussed.
By Fred O'Connor | 26 March, 2015 02:19
Companies' user-facing mobile apps are not being updated enough, according to a report released by Forrester Research on the state of mobile app development by "e-business professionals," meaning those who develop applications for marketing and customer-facing reasons.
By Paul Krill | 25 March, 2015 01:58
Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
By Nick Barber | 12 July, 2013 19:45
When Patrick Benson joined Ovation Brands back in September 2013, he was given a tall order: modernize an array of legacy IT systems that could no longer keep up with the restaurant-chain conglomerate's business processes.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 March, 2015 01:23
'Thoughtful' was the watchword yesterday for Tami Reller, Microsoft's chief of marketing, when she was asked how the company plans to extend its lucrative Office franchise to mobile platforms other than Windows
By Gregg Keizer | 14 February, 2014 14:02
The problem with Microsoft's approach to Office for the iPhone is that a diverse range of alternative iOS apps and suites already exists. Apple and other developers have had years to create and refine products that deliver compatibility with Office file types.
By Ryan Faas | 18 June, 2013 16:13
Google did its best to court developers at this year's I/O conference with a much-needed integrated developer environment, API for better games and the ability to more easily translate apps. Their allegiance will become increasingly important as smartphone and tablet hardware sees fewer dramatic improvements.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 17 May, 2013 15:43
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 10 December, 2012 20:51
Whitepapers about mobile applications
This whitepaper discusses the reasons and trends that are encouraging more companies to move towards implementing virtual desktops throughout their organisations. • Users are increasingly using smartphones and tablets to access enterprise applications • The reasons for the trends toward virtual desktop is threefold • Securing data, managing devices, and offering a rich end-user experience are top priorities
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution can feel just as daunting. ERP represents a serious investment for any organisation and is vital to future success. This report explores the strategies organisations are employing to find the right ERP fit that will give them the tools they need to thrive.
- Microsoft hosts Office 365 in Australia
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- In Pictures: The things end users do that drive IT teams crazy
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- China considering space-based solar power station
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- SDN management battle: TAPs vs. network packet brokers
- Google integrates Now with Chrome OS's app launcher
- Smartwatch shipments to catapult by 500 per cent in 2015 on interest in Apple Watch