Mobile OSes - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's virtual assistant Cortana is packing her bags and heading for new countries after the launch of Windows 10.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 22 July, 2015 03:20
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 11 July, 2015 06:16
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it would acquire Nokia's Devices and Services business in an attempt to play a greater role in this market.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 09 July, 2015 04:51
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 02 July, 2015 13:53
Apple will make iOS 8.4, the upgrade necessary to try out the Cupertino, Calif. company's new streaming music service, available early Tuesday for downloading to iPhones and iPads.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 June, 2015 00:56
Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's Devices & Services business is a necessary gamble for the software company's future growth in mobile, and for Nokia an admission that it doesn't have enough resources to successfully compete with Samsung and Apple, according to analysts.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 03 September, 2013 12:55
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their alternatives ready.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 27 August, 2013 14:06
Microsoft's release of an Office suite for the iPhone is too little, too late and yet another timid move aimed at protecting Windows 8 sales at the expense of customer demand for a product like this one for iPads, according to analysts.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 14 June, 2013 20:01
Now that developers have had a few days to delve into the iOS 7 beta, it's becoming clear that the iPhone version of the software could prove beneficial to enterprises.
By Matt Hamblen | 13 June, 2013 15:30
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 10 May, 2013 17:02
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Hot Topic, a large mall and web-based specialty retailer needed to reward and communicate with their customers. This report looks at how they launch a customer loyalty program that helped them gain insights, interests, habits, trends, buying behaviour and exceeded all expectations.
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Business as usual for enterprise migrations to Windows 10
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Android for Work gains mobile-carrier support
- Windows 10's launch was a bit bumpy, but people seem to like it
- Google rejects French request to expand right to be forgotten
- Focus turns to mobile Windows 10 and Lumia flagships
- Critical BIND denial-of-service flaw could disrupt large portions of the Internet
- Opponents focus on defeating CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- Is the smartphone market saturated?
- Using Watson, IBM and CVS aim to predict when your health is about to decline
- Endpoint security firm SentinelOne challenges traditional anti-virus software
- DataTorrent tackles complexity of Hadoop data ingestion