Mobile OSes - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google is putting some of the most Google-y Android apps in the spotlight, and is sharing their source code to spur development of other apps.
By Zach Miners | 13 August, 2015 04:33
After a month-long hiatus, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 Mobile to testers Wednesday, fixing a bunch of bugs and adding a few new features as the company gets closer to releasing its mobile operating system.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 13 August, 2015 04:16
Salesforce has long been a proponent of wearable computing's enterprise potential, and on Tuesday it showed off five new Apple Watch apps created specifically for business users.
By Katherine Noyes | 12 August, 2015 06:00
Some Apple mobile users have been encountering a pop-up message that is particularly difficult to close.
By Jeremy Kirk | 03 August, 2015 10:42
Microsoft's virtual assistant Cortana is packing her bags and heading for new countries after the launch of Windows 10.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 22 July, 2015 03:20
Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's Devices & Services business is a necessary gamble for the software company's future growth in mobile, and for Nokia an admission that it doesn't have enough resources to successfully compete with Samsung and Apple, according to analysts.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 03 September, 2013 12:55
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their alternatives ready.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 27 August, 2013 14:06
Microsoft's release of an Office suite for the iPhone is too little, too late and yet another timid move aimed at protecting Windows 8 sales at the expense of customer demand for a product like this one for iPads, according to analysts.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 14 June, 2013 20:01
Now that developers have had a few days to delve into the iOS 7 beta, it's becoming clear that the iPhone version of the software could prove beneficial to enterprises.
By Matt Hamblen | 13 June, 2013 15:30
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 10 May, 2013 17:02
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
This eBook provides a broad overview of micro-segmentation in the data centre. After reading this , you’ll have a good basic understanding of micro-segmentation — like you’d get from a college-level 101 class, but far more interesting than Microbiology 101 or Microeconomics 101 (and not as difficult either)!
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile