mobile payments - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile payments in pictures
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 06:11
Mobile payments, smarter Siri, better maps and more
By John Cox | 24 April, 2014 09:05
A powerful group of retailers plans to roll out mobile payments in 2014 by scanning barcodes from smartphones, a move that sets up a potential battle with backers of NFC and Google Wallet.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 March, 2014 20:02
A group representing 22 of the world's largest banks is pushing for broad adoption in the U.S. of payment card technology called tokenization, citing shortcomings in the planned migration to the Europay MasterCard Visa smartcard standard over the next two years.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 12 February, 2014 20:09
The chief of the Google Wallet operation has resigned to pursue new opportunities, another sign of continuing troubles in convincing U.S. smartphone users to adopt mobile wallets using NFC technology.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 May, 2013 14:34
Near Field Communication will become widespread at some point, most observers agree, especially if Apple eventually puts NFC in an iPhone.
By Matt Hamblen | 19 December, 2012 14:37
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement
- Sale of Mt. Gox-related Bitcoins.com halted after court order
- Qualcomm faces hurdles collecting royalties from China
- Twitter employees mainly male and white, says it has 'lot of work to do'
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- Microsoft verging on single OS across all devices
- Top 5 take-aways from Tim Cook on Apple's Q3 earnings call
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with Cloud enticements
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts