mobile payments - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile payments in pictures
A coalition of retail industry trade groups this week called for the creation of an open tokenization standard for protecting credit and debit card data from theft and misuse.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 August, 2014 06:25
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 06:11
Mobile payments, smarter Siri, better maps and more
By John Cox | 24 April, 2014 09:05
A powerful group of retailers plans to roll out mobile payments in 2014 by scanning barcodes from smartphones, a move that sets up a potential battle with backers of NFC and Google Wallet.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 March, 2014 20:02
The chief of the Google Wallet operation has resigned to pursue new opportunities, another sign of continuing troubles in convincing U.S. smartphone users to adopt mobile wallets using NFC technology.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 May, 2013 14:34
Near Field Communication will become widespread at some point, most observers agree, especially if Apple eventually puts NFC in an iPhone.
By Matt Hamblen | 19 December, 2012 14:37
The most basic network attacks attempt to overwhelm a defensive device with sheer volumes of traffic. Sometimes these volumetric attacks are designed to overload the connections-per-second (CPS) capacity (e.g., the ramp-up rate). Learn how to mitigate DDoS attacks
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G
- ATO sets out treatment of Bitcoin
- Fair and Safe Work Qld invites offers for mobile app development
- China paving the way for big Xbox One sales
- 'Reveton' ransomware upgraded with powerful password stealer
- YouTube music might be a win for other Google services
- Many Chrome browser extensions do sneaky things
- CSG posts revenue of $199.2m
- In support of a fibre-to-the-premises NBN
- More than half of Australians play at work: Microsoft
- 5 cool new security research breakthroughs
- Citing super-busy schedule, Ballmer resigns from Microsoft board
- How Michael Gregoire plans to put CA back on track
- Uber hires an Obama insider for its political fights