mobile payments - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile payments in pictures
U.S. banks are steadily shipping more secure chip-embedded credit and debit cards to consumers, but industry attention is also focused on whether merchants have installed updated payment terminals to accept the new cards.
By Matt Hamblen | 16 July, 2015 01:22
Because of slack buyer interest and other obstacles facing mobile payments in the U.S., Apple and other companies must inject new features and inducements to boost adoption.
By Matt Hamblen | 06 June, 2015 06:07
Best Buy explained Tuesday that it will support Apple Pay mobile payments, while also remaining a member of the MCX group of retailers that has promoted an alternative payment system called CurrentC.
By Matt Hamblen | 29 April, 2015 03:40
Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX), a group of large U.S. merchants, said Monday it expects to launch an early version of its CurrentC mobile payment app mid-year in an unnamed, mid-sized market.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 April, 2015 23:20
Fitness-band maker Jawbone and American Express plan to allow cardholders to buy goods using a future fitness band equipped with NFC, according to a report.
By Matt Hamblen | 15 April, 2015 06:23
Google is expected to reveal details about Android Pay at its annual I/O conference this week, even as Samsung readies its own separate mobile payment service.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 May, 2015 23:41
The Apple Watch supports Apple Pay, but it's unlikely that the smartwatch, coming April 24, will significantly boost the number of mobile payments made by U.S. customers.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2015 22:06
The chief of the Google Wallet operation has resigned to pursue new opportunities, another sign of continuing troubles in convincing U.S. smartphone users to adopt mobile wallets using NFC technology.
By Matt Hamblen | 10 May, 2013 14:34
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy