mobile - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobile in pictures
The Mozilla Foundation wants to make sure that the Web remains a platform where anyone can create content, rather than just a place to consume information and services created by others.
By Joab Jackson | 18 August, 2015 04:25
Smartphone users might be better off seeing a doctor than relying on a family of mobile apps to diagnose whether moles on their skin are cancerous.
By Grant Gross | 14 August, 2015 05:27
Two days after announcing a sweeping reorganization, Google has detailed its first departure. Niantic Labs, an augmented reality unit of Google, will be spun off into an independent company.
By Zach Miners | 13 August, 2015 09:37
Proactive is Apple’s name for an intelligent iOS 9 technology wants to help you get things done – but shockingly it tries to keep your private life private.
By Jonny Evans | 20 August, 2015 15:28
Android 5.0 Lollipop has been heralded as the operating system's biggest step forward to date. Improved battery life and performance through changes to Android's core runtime and power management systems are among the most anticipated enhancements among users, given their promise of a faster, more efficient experience."
By Anndrew Vacca | 06 March, 2015 06:23
Running late for a meet up with friends or an appointment? Share a location securely and for a limited time period with smartphone application Glympse. It's a free download for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
By Nick Barber | 12 July, 2013 19:45
Apple is cooking up such an iPhone upgrade path, with a wave of rumors warning the next iteration will be faster, thinner, and possibly even curvier than before.
By Jonny Evans | 23 June, 2015 22:28
Federal regulators are weighing reforms to widespread workplace wellness programs that could affect how personal data from consumer-grade fitness bands and smartwatches is kept confidential.
By Matt Hamblen | 20 June, 2015 02:25
When Patrick Benson joined Ovation Brands back in September 2013, he was given a tall order: modernize an array of legacy IT systems that could no longer keep up with the restaurant-chain conglomerate's business processes.
By Katherine Noyes | 14 March, 2015 01:23
Whitepapers about mobile
This IDG Connect white paper explores the effect of how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT. <p> The current expansion of the Third Platform presents a wealth of job opportunities for IT professionals with skills and ambition in mobile computing, social networking, the cloud and big data analytics. Based on interviews of 100 IT decision makers working for organizations in Australia, Canada and the US, this IDG Connect white paper from Randstad explores how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT.
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
This paper examines enterprise-class snapshot technologies, discussing use cases for snapshots as well as classic challenges associated with using snapshot technologies in pure hard disk drive (HDD)–based arrays. It then looks at a snapshot implementation from EMC on its XtremIO all-flash array (AFA), exploring the advantages that flash media and a new design point can provide in the use of snapshot technology.
- SAP unwraps Project Orca and gives it a new name
- VMware brings Michigan to Europe to boost virtual networking
- Node.js adds long-term enterprise support version
- CommBank Offers app piloted at Westfield Hornsby
- Adobe teams with Dropbox as part of Document Cloud upgrades
- To scare people better, Android ransomware gets a snazzy UI
- Four questions about the Dell-EMC merger
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Insider build offers alt activation approach
- Google loads up virtual reality toolbox for developers
- Microsoft finally delivers on Skype messaging promises with new Windows 10 beta
- Box's future lies in developer tools
- As a private company, Dell-EMC will enjoy a freedom HP can only dream of
- What Dell buying EMC means for VMware
- Sikur joins secure smartphone race with $849 handset
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion