Workplace smartphone and tablet users worry a lot about their personal information remaining private from their employers and only a relatively slim majority trusts their employer to keep that data safe, according to a Harris Poll survey released today, which was commissioned by MDM vendor MobileIron.
MobileIron - News, Features, and Slideshows
Almost all current or perspective users of smartwatches and other wearable technologies want to use them for work, according to a Harris Poll survey commissioned by MDM vendor MobileIron.
Most younger mobile workers feel guilty about using smartphones and smartwatches to do personal tasks while at work and for performing work at home when they should be taking care of their families or other duties.
Google today made real its Android for Work product, which was first announced last June at the Google I/O conference. Android for Work is a revamped version of the Divide containerization app that Google acquired last spring. It's built in to Android 5.0 Lollipop and available as a separate app for Android 3.0 Ice Cream Sandwich through Android 4.4 KitKat.
When restrictive IT policies push employees to personal smartphone apps to share corporate data, the security of that information is at risk. On Wednesday, MobileIron will release an update to its Content Security Service that seeks to plug that hole.
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing