mobility - News, Features, and Slideshows
mobility in pictures
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
By Stephen Lawson | 04 February, 2016 06:09
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost business.
By John Ribeiro | 14 January, 2016 07:32
HP is scrapping its low-end tablet lineup to focus on detachables, hybrids and business tablets.
By Agam Shah | 02 December, 2015 01:19
HP Inc. is shying away from the consumer wearable market, but sees an untapped opportunity in wearables for businesses
By Agam Shah | 24 November, 2015 22:00
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2824446/cisco-subnet/cisco-reorgs-trimming-svp-ranks.html">The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco</a> is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
Google's Android 4.0 operating system is more than just another upgrade.
By JR Raphael | 23 November, 2011 03:18
Japan's biggest electronics and gadgets show, Ceatec, runs all of next week and many new technologies and prototype gadgets are expected to be on show.
By Martyn Williams | 02 October, 2009 17:08
Whitepapers about mobility
A professional workstation is more than the sum of its parts. A modern workstation is a balanced system based on the current processor, memory, storage and graphics technology that your engineering software needs. Upgrading to a new workstation ensures all of these components work together to ensure the optimum engineering computing experience.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)