Microsoft's Windows, which in 2015 fell to third place among the world's operating systems, will continue to lose share this year to Android and Apple's combined OS X and iOS.
mobility - News, Features, and Slideshows
Both Apple and Samsung this week predicted slow growth for smartphone and mobile phone sales in early 2016, making investors queasy.
<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2824446/cisco-subnet/cisco-reorgs-trimming-svp-ranks.html">The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco</a> is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
The HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z are set to hit the market soon, but which phone is right for you?
Google's Android 4.0 operating system is more than just another upgrade.
Japan's biggest electronics and gadgets show, Ceatec, runs all of next week and many new technologies and prototype gadgets are expected to be on show.
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format with its hinged display lid that opens to reveal a mechanical keyboard.
Adam Blum, CEO of startup Rhomobile, says 90% of the programs being written with his company's open source mobile application framework are by ISVs and the other 10% by enterprises, but over time he'd like to see those percentages reversed.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is