Motorola Mobility - News, Features, and Slideshows
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
By Lucian Constantin | 30 July, 2014 00:32
The battle for the "next billion users" is heating up with better performance from low-cost phones. The latest contender is the Android-based Nokia X2, which will go head-to-head with the excellent Moto E from Motorola Mobility.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 25 June, 2014 03:51
Android devices running Java applications do not infringe on patents belonging to SIM card maker Gemalto, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled.
By Loek Essers | 20 June, 2014 20:48
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 04 June, 2014 21:46
Motorola Mobility hopes its $129 smartphone, the Moto E, will attract consumers that might otherwise have bought a feature phone.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 13 May, 2014 19:43
Now that Google has gotten rid of Motorola Mobility, the company can focus on its newest projects, like the smart home, wearable computers and robotics.
By Sharon Gaudin | 30 January, 2014 19:53
By selling Motorola Mobility to Lenovo, Google is ending a combination that never really worked out while keeping assets that could prove valuable down the road.
By Stephen Lawson | 30 January, 2014 01:45
Last week's rollout of the Motorola Moto X was headline-making for several reasons. Beyond the obvious novelty of being the first flagship release from the company since the RAZR HD line last fall, it's also the first since Google completed its acquisition of Motorola Mobility in May.
By Jon Gold | 05 August, 2013 22:04
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
- Attackers can easily create dangerous file-encrypting malware, new threat suggests
- Microsoft ordered to turn over customer data stored in the cloud
- 3 Australian firms targeted in APT campaign: report
- Telstra reveals private cloud offering
- Local tech sector outpacing US, UK: report
- ACCC mulls new pricing for SMS, voice calls
- Woolworths sees future in hybrid cloud
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Airport stopover, multi-platform publishing apps Aussie winners in Talent Unleashed Awards
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Authors beware: computers can write fables
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move