National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
In his independent audit of the public policy process behind the national broadband network, former Telstra director Bill Scales suggests there was never an internal debate about different technology options for the NBN.
By Rod Tucker, University of Melbourne | 20 August, 2014 10:00
The federal government has issued a formal response to the set of recommendations contained in in the interim report of the Senate Select Committee on the National Broadband Network.
By Rohan Pearce | 14 August, 2014 12:39
Ericsson Australia has won a four-year NBN Co contract to continue to operate the National Broadband Network fixed wireless service, as well as ground systems for the Long Term Satellite Service (LTSS).
By Rohan Pearce | 30 July, 2014 13:01
Communications minister Malcolm Turnbull and finance minister Mathias Cormann have warned the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission that cutting wholesale pricing for services over Telstra's copper network could negatively affect the National Broadband Network rollout.
By Rohan Pearce | 24 July, 2014 14:04
NBN Co has begun accepting registrations for its subsidised satellite broadband service. The new service is designed to connect the 9000 households and businesses in remote areas of Australia that are currently unable to access NBN Co’s Interim Satellite Service.
By Rohan Pearce | 22 July, 2014 10:15
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
Executive teams have been focusing on accelerating virtualization and the shift in IT processes that it enables. This whitepaper serves as a guide for executives looking to strategically and seamlessly migrate popular applications, which are both complex and mission critical, to virtual infrastructure.
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending Aug. 22
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
- Oregon sues Oracle over troubled health insurance website
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- SAP takes steps to simplify pricing and licensing
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch