National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
NBN Co will be willing to deploy its equipment in the basements of apartment blocks — so-called multi-dwelling units (or MDUs) — even if rival infrastructure is already in place, an executive of the government-owned company said today at a Senate Estimates hearing.
By Rohan Pearce | 20 November, 2014 15:44
NBN Co has used its updated corporate plan, dated 11 November but released for public scrutiny today, to outline ambitious targets for the rollout of the National Broadband Network in its 2015 financial year. But it has also noted significant areas of uncertainty as the government-owned corporation continues its transition to a new model for the NBN rollout.
By Rohan Pearce | 17 November, 2014 11:15
NBN Co has set out in broad outline the principles that will guide the roll out of the National Broadband Network as it continues the shift to a 'multi-technology mix' (MTM) that has an emphasis on the use of the existing copper network for 'last mile' connections to premises.
By Rohan Pearce | 13 November, 2014 15:17
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
Pathways Express is a one-day intensive learning and development program for senior ICT executives. It is designed to equip participants with the skills and competencies required to more effectively manage the demands and complexities of contemporary businesses. The program brings together ‘real world’ best practices, thought leadership and business insights to help today’s ICT professionals deliver higher value into their organisations and position themselves as tomorrow’s business leaders.
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
- Siemens patches critical SCADA flaws likely exploited in recent attacks
- European Parliament calls on Commission to consider breaking up Google
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing in US
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- Data retention inquiry to report in early 2015
- Aus government begins review of cyber security strategy
- Communications coalition urges national focus on broadband adoption
- Melbourne IT eyes social media market with Tiger Pistol
- Building a non-distributed big data computing solution on Amazon Web Services