Prime Minister Julia Gillard flicks the switch at a ceremony at the Brunswick Town Hall
National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
The company in charge of building and operating the National Broadband Network will construct its national operations and test facility in Melbourne’s Digital Harbour development. NBN Co announced it would monitor and manage the NBN network and facilities, order service connections and repairs from Melbourne, and allow telcos using the network to test their services.
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology in the 12 months from December 2014 to December 2015.
A new marketing campaign launched by NBN seeks to head off a telco skills shortage by signing up 2000 young people to helping roll out the National Broadband Network.
NBN is aiming to potentially bring G.fast-based services to market in 2017, the company's chief architect, Tony Cross, has revealed.
NBN has confirmed that the revised National Broadband Network rollout is likely to cost more than was previously expected.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security