National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
NBN Co has begun accepting registrations for its subsidised satellite broadband service. The new service is designed to connect the 9000 households and businesses in remote areas of Australia that are currently unable to access NBN Co’s Interim Satellite Service.
By Rohan Pearce | 22 July, 2014 10:15
The first report out of the NBN Panel of Experts, appointed by the government to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the National Broadband Network, has rejected calls by telcos to further strengthen the rules that restrict NBN Co to wholesale-only operations.
By Rohan Pearce | 17 July, 2014 09:20
The outcomes of NBN Co's trials of fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) technology will shape the future of the National Broadband Network rollout, but what exactly those outcomes are won't be known for quite some time, according to the government-owned company's CEO.
By Rohan Pearce | 11 July, 2014 16:03
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This whitepaper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support business demand with dynamic business agility.
- SQL injection flaw in Wall Street Journal database led to breach
- In pictures: RSA Asia Pacific & Japan conference
- Google has to face US privacy suit over new user data policy
- Barbarians are at the gates of Information Age: Juniper
- UPDATED: Vodafone upbeat on turnaround despite more customer losses
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit for alleged labor rule violations
- Telstra to kill 2G services
- Seafaring robot shrugs off monster Typhoon Rammasun
- Zero-day flaws in Tails aren't for sale, vulnerability broker says
- Apple grows Mac sales by 18 per cent on the back of the MacBook Air
- Rules of engagement needed for the Internet: RSA
- How Nokia both helped and hindered Microsoft's earnings
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert