National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
As increasing numbers of Australians connect to the Internet using the National Broadband Network, they may well "wonder what all the fuss was about — and why the NBN is costing so much and taking so long," Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today.
By Rohan Pearce | 18 September, 2014 12:42
So-called 'Service Class Zero' premises — homes and buildings that can't connect to the National Broadband Network despite fibre being run down their street — will be targeted under a 'bulk drop' contract between NBN Co and Queensland-headquartered Universal Communications Group.
By Rohan Pearce | 15 September, 2014 11:59
In their cost-benefit analysis of the national broadband network, the Vertigan panel predicts that in 2023, an average Australian household will require a broadband download speed of 15 megabits per second (Mbps).
By Rod Tucker, University of Melbourne | 08 September, 2014 12:18
One of the biggest challenges NBN Co faces as the rollout of the National Broadband Network continues is learning to manage success, NBN Co non-executive director Simon Hackett told AusNOG 2014 yesterday.
By Rohan Pearce | 05 September, 2014 11:40
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Organisations have the option to manage IT internally or outsource to a third-party provider. This paper discusses new research by Telsyte into how Australian organisations are using ICT outsourcing to support innovation. • In October 2013 Telsyte surveyed more than 450 Australian CIOs, CEOs and IT decision makers on their outsourcing strategies for 2014 • Outsourcing is a key feature of businesses that have a focus on innovation • Organisations that engage in outsourcing arrangements are more likely to spend greater than 25% of their IT budget on innovative projects
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6
- Half-baked mergers
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Watch video of the first iPhone 6...being dropped