National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
Despite the significant increase in traffic growth driven by Netflix and its ilk and the widespread take-up of video on demand services in Australia, that doesn't mean that fibre is essential for 'last mile' connections to homes, according to Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
By Rohan Pearce | 20 April, 2015 12:49
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
New attack types combine known and unknown threats to exploit “unknown” vulnerabilities. Attackers are also hiding malware inside documents, websites, hosts and networks. These attacks have many purposes such as financial and ideological motives. They focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity, or damaging a company’s reputation.
- GM to offer both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on most vehicles
- Judge classifies as class action an email scanning lawsuit against Yahoo
- IBM Watson gets smart in the oil refinery business
- Apple recovers top 'brand value' spot from Google with $247B assessment
- Chip maker Avago may be close to buying Broadcom
- New FCC rules would crack down on spam texts, unwanted calls
- Box wins DoJ contract in latest federal coup
- Does he stay or go? Parsing Apple's promotion of designer Jony Ive
- AdBlock Plus again declared legal by a German court
- Senate to return early to debate phone dragnet
- EU plans mandatory cross-border rules to fight corporate tax evasion
- Android stutters while iOS shines during Q1
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, May 27
- Computer chips made of wood promise greener electronics