National Broadband Network (NBN) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National Broadband Network (NBN) in pictures
The government has rejected claims that Telstra could unfairly benefit from NBN Co construction work on the telco's HFC network.
By Rohan Pearce | 27 January, 2015 12:37
Forty-three apartment blocks in in the ACT, New South Wales and Victoria will be the first to receive NBN Co's fibre-to-the-basement services.
By Rohan Pearce | 19 January, 2015 10:26
Allowing NBN Co to carry out construction work on Telstra's HFC network before ownership of the network is transferred to the government-owned company risks giving Telstra an unfair advantage over its competitors, according to the Competitive Carriers Coalition.
By Rohan Pearce | 12 January, 2015 09:53
Communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has released the new licence condition for operators of 'superfast' broadband networks that will potentially compete with the National Broadband Network.
By Rohan Pearce | 15 December, 2014 09:55
NBN Co and Telstra today announced the signing of revised definitive agreements, clearing the major hurdle for the company rolling out the National Broadband Network as it shifts to the ‘Multi-Technology Mix’ favoured by the Coalition government.
By Rohan Pearce | 14 December, 2014 16:02
Protecting against known, and new, advanced, unknown threats requires the most rapid and precise detection and protection technologies. With multiple solutions available, finding the best one can be challenging. Independent testing firm Miercom took on this challenge and tested network-based advanced threat prevention solutions that use virtual sand boxing. They found the solution delivering the fastest, most accurate and efficient solution against known and unknown threats.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management