National ICT Australia (NICTA) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National ICT Australia — NICTA — is pushing for the Productivity Commission to recommend greater use of what the research organisation dubs 'smart ICT' to enable better decisions in the planning, construction and operation of public infrastructure.
By Rohan Pearce | 07 April, 2014 12:35
Eight months after National ICT Australia (NICTA) released its secure embedded L4 (seL4) microkernel, it has moved closer to commercialisation with potential developments by the Department of Defence and the mining sector using the software.
By Chloe Herrick | 27 September, 2011 14:55
Undergraduate university students across Australia have been called on to develop Android-based applications for the 'Unleash your App' competition, with the chance to win $5000 in prize money.
By Chloe Herrick | 12 September, 2011 14:10
The development of technology which will aid the Australian transport and logistics sector has received a boost with National ICT Australia’s (NICTA) latest venture, the Future Logistics Living Lab.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 February, 2011 17:06
This Dummies Guide explains the relatively new frontier of application-aware network performance management in an easy-to-understand and straightforward way. Find out, what the biggest challenges today’s networks are facing – from BYOD and Voice over IP to increasing complexity and why the end user’s experience is what really matters.
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- PayPal’s BattleHack comes to Australia for a second time
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar
- Uber passenger who alleged Delhi rape sues in US
- Microsoft said to invest in Android maker Cyanogen
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- Google misses with Q4 sales and earnings
- Feds go after operator of revenge porn site