National ICT Australia (NICTA) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National ICT Australia — NICTA — is pushing for the Productivity Commission to recommend greater use of what the research organisation dubs 'smart ICT' to enable better decisions in the planning, construction and operation of public infrastructure.
By Rohan Pearce | 07 April, 2014 12:35
Eight months after National ICT Australia (NICTA) released its secure embedded L4 (seL4) microkernel, it has moved closer to commercialisation with potential developments by the Department of Defence and the mining sector using the software.
By Chloe Herrick | 27 September, 2011 14:55
Undergraduate university students across Australia have been called on to develop Android-based applications for the 'Unleash your App' competition, with the chance to win $5000 in prize money.
By Chloe Herrick | 12 September, 2011 14:10
The development of technology which will aid the Australian transport and logistics sector has received a boost with National ICT Australia’s (NICTA) latest venture, the Future Logistics Living Lab.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 February, 2011 17:06
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Technology has become the heart and soul of every business, but IT workload and system complexity become more challenging. This whitepaper details the future of IT, the major challenges facing CIOs, and the three ways to transform IT so CIOs can lead the way.
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- EBay faces class action suit over data breach
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement
- Sale of Mt. Gox-related Bitcoins.com halted after court order
- Qualcomm faces hurdles collecting royalties from China
- Twitter employees mainly male and white, says it has 'lot of work to do'
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product