National ICT Australia (NICTA) - News, Features, and Slideshows
National ICT Australia — NICTA — is pushing for the Productivity Commission to recommend greater use of what the research organisation dubs 'smart ICT' to enable better decisions in the planning, construction and operation of public infrastructure.
By Rohan Pearce | 07 April, 2014 12:35
Eight months after National ICT Australia (NICTA) released its secure embedded L4 (seL4) microkernel, it has moved closer to commercialisation with potential developments by the Department of Defence and the mining sector using the software.
By Chloe Herrick | 27 September, 2011 14:55
Undergraduate university students across Australia have been called on to develop Android-based applications for the 'Unleash your App' competition, with the chance to win $5000 in prize money.
By Chloe Herrick | 12 September, 2011 14:10
The development of technology which will aid the Australian transport and logistics sector has received a boost with National ICT Australia’s (NICTA) latest venture, the Future Logistics Living Lab.
By Hamish Barwick | 23 February, 2011 17:06
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Multicolor, Steel designs, manufactures and installs, pre-fabricated buildings, and metal roofing and wall systems. The company serves a large number of clients in the private and public sectors and reports annual revenue of more than US$34 million. As Multicolor Steel expanded its operations, the company wanted to guarantee that it could rapidly and fully recover critical business information in the event of a system failure.
- Suncorp's cloud transformation on track
- Rubrik adds $41m in funding, releases backup appliance
- At Google I/O, Android may push deeper into the home
- In Pictures: Seven best practices for cloud security
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - Which classic Microsoft default apps should be killed?
- In Pictures: 10 start-ups that are disrupting healthcare IT
- Oculus acquires image recognition startup Surreal Vision
- Thieves stole data on 100,000 US taxpayers through IRS app
- Private, insulting tweet gets Italian senator sued
- Android M, wearables and robots expected at Google I/O this week
- Microsoft green-lights Cortana on rivals iOS and Android
- HP buying SDN company for NFV
- Research community looks to SDN to help distribute data from the Large Hadron Collider
- Researchers claim to boost cell-phone battery life with radio signals
- China, Android to be hardest hit in coming smartphone slump