National Institute of Standards and Technology - News, Features, and Slideshows
Coinbase set to open first regulated Bitcoin exchange ... Malaysia Airlines suffers big hack ... Wikileaks says Google passed data to U.S. ... and more news
By IDG News Service staff | 26 January, 2015 23:40
The White House has identified cyber-physical system research and development as a "national priority" that could boost U.S. productivity. But federal spending is telling a different story.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 02 October, 2014 23:07
The National Institute of Standards and Technology needs to hire more cryptographers and improve its collaboration with the industry and academia, reducing its reliance on the U.S. National Security Agency for decisions around cryptographic standards.
By Lucian Constantin | 16 July, 2014 03:05
Now that the US National Institute of Standards and Technology has finalized the much-discussed cybersecurity framework, organizations can use it as the guideline for measuring how well their systems are secured.
By Joab Jackson | 14 February, 2014 21:47
Controversial crypto technology known as Dual EC DRBG, thought to be a backdoor for the National Security Agency, ended up in some Cisco products as part of their code libraries. But Cisco says they cannot be used because it chose other crypto as an operational default which can't be changed.
By Ellen Messmer | 17 October, 2013 20:09
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
CASH Financial Services Group (CFSG) is a leading financial services conglomerate in China. CFSG offers clients a range of online and offline services, including securities brokerage, commodities trading, foreign exchange and asset management. CFSG’s chief trading systems were adequately protected against disaster, but the company needed to minimize the effect on customer service if its back-office systems suffered downtime.
- GoogleX head talks moonshoots and need for failure
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Apple's tech support thrashes competition, whether in-store or over the phone
- New iOS tools help Android developers -- and Google
- Ericcson touts 5G mobile speeds
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
- Google I/O 2015 in photos
- Intel works to end "lost" data center devices
- Microsoft throws open the doors for Cloud Foundry on Azure
- Don't blame free Windows 10 for PC business ills
- Google and Levi's team up on smart clothes
- Google bets that smart fabrics, gesture interfaces will replace fiddling on a tiny wearable touchscreen