navigation - News, Features, and Slideshows
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
If you can't beat 'em, acquire 'em. Garmin, maker of personal navigation devices, has snapped up its Germany-based competitor Navigon. The companies won't say how much money is changing hands in the deal, which was completed through a Garmin subsidiary.
By Dan Moren | 15 June, 2011 04:05
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking traffic conditions ahead of time can be helpful, but it's even better if you can get real-time updates from those in the best position to know the current conditions--other drivers.
By Tony Bradley | 10 February, 2011 05:29
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are must-haves and which would just be nice to have.
By Melissa J. Perenson and Craig Ellison | 26 January, 2011 15:24
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn directions.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 18 August, 2009 09:32
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans Pauwels finished his WWDC presentation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
By Ian Paul | 11 June, 2009 00:31
I went on vacation recently, and during that time I realized how dependent I have become on GPS applications to find what I am looking for. GPS devices maximise my vacation time by letting me drive less, since by using them, I never get lost. And driving less means I'm living a greener life, too.
By Kurt Thomet | 24 April, 2009 01:41
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too