- Tutorial: How to fix app store errors in Windows 8
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- 10 open source e-learning projects to watch
- How to fight back against CryptoLocker
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
If you can't beat 'em, acquire 'em. Garmin, maker of personal navigation devices, has snapped up its Germany-based competitor Navigon. The companies won't say how much money is changing hands in the deal, which was completed through a Garmin subsidiary.
By Dan Moren | 15 June, 2011 04:05
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking traffic conditions ahead of time can be helpful, but it's even better if you can get real-time updates from those in the best position to know the current conditions--other drivers.
By Tony Bradley | 10 February, 2011 05:29
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are must-haves and which would just be nice to have.
By Melissa J. Perenson and Craig Ellison | 26 January, 2011 15:24
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn directions.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 18 August, 2009 09:32
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans Pauwels finished his WWDC presentation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
By Ian Paul | 11 June, 2009 00:31
I went on vacation recently, and during that time I realized how dependent I have become on GPS applications to find what I am looking for. GPS devices maximise my vacation time by letting me drive less, since by using them, I never get lost. And driving less means I'm living a greener life, too.
By Kurt Thomet | 24 April, 2009 01:41
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
A cheat Sheet for Google Apps for Business
- Securing the Internet of Things in a connected world
- Apple defies PC downturn again, boosts Mac sales
- Zynga founder Mark Pincus gives up day-to-day duties
- FCC will seek input on latest net neutrality proposal
- Apple to Microsoft: Better late than never for Office on iPad
- In Pictures: Fave raves - 33 tech pros share their favourite IT products
- In Pictures: What the rumour mill expects from iOS 8
- In Pictures: 15 tips for surviving - and thriving - as an IT contractor
- Quip issues API for mobile word processor, aims it at enterprise IT
- In Pictures: Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
- Telstra signs broadband security deal with Mako Networks
- With OpenPower, IBM tries to turn the tables on Intel
- Report: US FCC to allow payments for speedier traffic
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- IPhone sales drive strong Apple earnings