navigation - News, Features, and Slideshows
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
If you can't beat 'em, acquire 'em. Garmin, maker of personal navigation devices, has snapped up its Germany-based competitor Navigon. The companies won't say how much money is changing hands in the deal, which was completed through a Garmin subsidiary.
By Dan Moren | 15 June, 2011 04:05
Have you ever been running late to an important business meeting or client presentation only to find yourself stuck in a two-mile traffic jam due to an accident on the highway, or having to reroute around a flooded road? Of course you have. Checking traffic conditions ahead of time can be helpful, but it's even better if you can get real-time updates from those in the best position to know the current conditions--other drivers.
By Tony Bradley | 10 February, 2011 05:29
If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are must-haves and which would just be nice to have.
By Melissa J. Perenson and Craig Ellison | 26 January, 2011 15:24
TomTom's new GPS navigation application for the iPhone may sound appealing, but it's true cost and capabilities are still a mystery. The app costs $100 and allows the iPhone to function as a real-time navigation device that provides turn-by-turn directions.
By Jeff Bertolucci | 18 August, 2009 09:32
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans Pauwels finished his WWDC presentation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
By Ian Paul | 11 June, 2009 00:31
I went on vacation recently, and during that time I realized how dependent I have become on GPS applications to find what I am looking for. GPS devices maximise my vacation time by letting me drive less, since by using them, I never get lost. And driving less means I'm living a greener life, too.
By Kurt Thomet | 24 April, 2009 01:41
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
Read how Perth-based safety footwear manufacturer, Steel Blue, was able to cut costs with shipping and improve efficiency while meeting the growing demand for their products as they expanded their national and export markets and increased their local market share, all thanks to a new ERP system.
- Microsoft hosts Office 365 in Australia
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- In Pictures: The things end users do that drive IT teams crazy
- Sprint to rollout LTE Advanced to Chicago area
- Microsoft applies 'freemium' tactic to mobile device management for Office 365
- Researchers say low-cost, longer-life graphene light bulb coming this year
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- China considering space-based solar power station
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- SDN management battle: TAPs vs. network packet brokers
- Google integrates Now with Chrome OS's app launcher
- Smartwatch shipments to catapult by 500 per cent in 2015 on interest in Apple Watch