NBN - News, Features, and Slideshows
NBN in pictures
Telcos selling National Broadband Network fibre services will have warn customers that a mains power failure could knock out voice services under new rules drawn up by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
By Adam Bender | 22 August, 2014 11:44
One of the first end users to be connected as part of NBN Co's trial of fibre-to-the-node technology has hit download speeds of 96 megabits per second and upload speeds of 30Mbps, the company charged with rolling out the National Broadband Network revealed today.
By Rohan Pearce | 22 August, 2014 09:31
The National Broadband Network (NBN) would get access to 3.5GHz spectrum for fixed wireless services under a draft direction issued by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
By Adam Bender | 21 August, 2014 10:52
Wi-Fi may be the networking method of choice among apartment blocks cropping up in increased numbers in Australia’s major cities, however increased reliance on wireless internet is resulting in more security risks, according to Layer 10 Consulting.
By Hamish Barwick | 07 April, 2011 10:43
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
By Tim Lohman | 03 August, 2009 12:13
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
Getting the best ROI on every IT dollar spent is the top priority for almost every business, but the demand placed on an infrastructure to deliver an increased number of transactions is growing exponentially. This whitepaper details how organizations that leverage advanced solutions will benefit from an efficient, agile, easy-to-manage, and scalable storage infrastructure.
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Free, fast Windows updates are the future -- and they could hurt PC sales
- Samsung starts production of 3D DDR4 DRAM modules
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?
- Freescale introduces multi-standard, programmable wireless charging chips
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
- Chrome sings 'When I'm 64' on Windows
- Pluralsight bags $135M to fortify online coding, tech course offerings
- Microsoft frees Visual Studio Online for occasional contributors
- Amazon's efforts to test drones for package delivery gain support
- HTC ships Desire 510 with 64-bit processor, but isn't sure users can take advantage of it
- Widespread Time Warner Cable disruption affects Internet service subscribers
- Gartner: After slump, server sales rise again in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dropbox offers 1TB Pro plan for $9.99
- Ready for the robot revolution?