net applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com">Microsoft</a> has done a good job rolling out <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features">Windows 10</a> in the first two weeks, analysts said today, and the general vibe for Windows 8's replacement has been positive, even though glitches have dampened some enthusiasm.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 August, 2015 04:28
Microsoft's Windows 10 piled up user share, finishing last week with a record 3% of all Windows-powered devices, according to a U.S. analytics company.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 August, 2015 02:33
Windows Vista, the perception-plagued operating system Microsoft debuted to the general public in early 2007, has sunk to near insignificance, powering just two out of every 100 Windows personal computers, new data shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 August, 2015 04:21
With just over four months left before Microsoft stops serving security updates to most versions of Internet Explorer (IE) other than IE11, nearly half of all IE users are still running a soon-to-be-retired edition, new data released Saturday showed.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 August, 2015 04:20
As Windows 7 breaks the one billion-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
Windows 7 has approached the user share numbers set by Windows XP six years ago, hinting that unless Microsoft executes its Windows 10 upgrade plans to perfection, Windows 7 will persist on devices long after its 2020 retirement.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 July, 2015 02:26
By February 2017, Microsoft should have Windows 10 on more than 440 million personal computers, according to a new analysis of user share data and upgrade tempo.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 July, 2015 20:58
By making Windows 9, aka "Threshold," free, Microsoft will be able to push more than half of all Windows 8 users to the upgrade within a matter of months, an analysis of user share data shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 September, 2014 03:42
Windows 8's uptake came unstuck last month and shoved into a forward gear for the first time since May, but the OS trailed Windows Vista's tempo of six years ago, according to data published Monday.
By Gregg Keizer | 02 September, 2014 22:05
Mozilla's Firefox is in danger of becoming irrelevant as more browsing originates on smartphones and tablets, statistics from Net Applications show.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 May, 2014 22:31
Lowering the price of an operating system upgrade boosts its uptake five-fold, but pushing it out for free speeds uptake as much as 12 times, data from an analytics company shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 March, 2014 20:48
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield