net applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
Users of Internet Explorer (IE) were in no hurry last month to discard older versions, even after Microsoft told them that their browsers will drop off the support list in early 2016.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 September, 2014 23:38
Google's Chrome browser last month broke the 20% user share bar for the first time, according to Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 August, 2014 01:23
Windows 8's uptake was stuck in reverse for the second quarter in a row.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 August, 2014 03:48
By making Windows 9, aka "Threshold," free, Microsoft will be able to push more than half of all Windows 8 users to the upgrade within a matter of months, an analysis of user share data shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 September, 2014 03:42
Windows 8's uptake came unstuck last month and shoved into a forward gear for the first time since May, but the OS trailed Windows Vista's tempo of six years ago, according to data published Monday.
By Gregg Keizer | 02 September, 2014 22:05
Mozilla's Firefox is in danger of becoming irrelevant as more browsing originates on smartphones and tablets, statistics from Net Applications show.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 May, 2014 22:31
Lowering the price of an operating system upgrade boosts its uptake five-fold, but pushing it out for free speeds uptake as much as 12 times, data from an analytics company shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 March, 2014 20:48
By offering their latest operating systems for free, Microsoft and Apple have accelerated the adoption pace of their newest OSes, according to data released by analytics firm Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 February, 2014 18:17
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3
- Rimini Street's practices remain 'suspect,' Oracle alleges
- Digital rights groups ask ITU to stay out of net neutrality debate
- Workers use their own smartphones at work, without boss's knowledge
- Motorola Solutions unveils the Symbol TC70 rugged handheld
- FTC appoints privacy researcher Soltani as chief technologist
- Complaints mount about Yosemite crippling Wi-Fi
- Ethernet is coming to cars
- Cook trounces Nadella in 2014 tech pay package tussle
- Data warehouse-as-a-service startup Snowflake comes out of stealth
- Mac revenue tops iPad as Apple sells record 5.5M computers
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament