net applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has managed to reverse years of sometimes-sharp decline in Internet Explorer's user share and revive interest in the browser it bundles with Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 20:33
Firefox's user share on all platforms -- desktop and mobile -- has plunged in the last two months as its desktop browser continued to bleed and efforts to capture users on smartphones fell short.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 July, 2014 22:53
The decline of OS X Snow Leopard has accelerated in the last three months, perhaps because users now know that Apple has stopped patching the five-year-old OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 June, 2014 22:59
Mozilla's Firefox is in danger of becoming irrelevant as more browsing originates on smartphones and tablets, statistics from Net Applications show.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 May, 2014 22:31
Lowering the price of an operating system upgrade boosts its uptake five-fold, but pushing it out for free speeds uptake as much as 12 times, data from an analytics company shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 March, 2014 20:48
By offering their latest operating systems for free, Microsoft and Apple have accelerated the adoption pace of their newest OSes, according to data released by analytics firm Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 February, 2014 18:17
Microsoft's support for WIndows XP ends in less than four months, and the company has warned users repeatedly that it's time to move on. But a lot of them are sticking with the aged OS. And for Microsoft, that's a problem.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 December, 2013 20:43
Windows 8 last month fell even further behind the historical adoption pace of Windows Vista, Microsoft's 2007 flop, new statistics showed today.
By Gregg Keizer | 01 April, 2013 17:13
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
- How Microsoft's CEO sees growth for Windows Phone and Lumia
- Thanks to NASA, you can now 3D print models of satellites, probes and planets
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Changes afoot as DARPA challenge robots prep for upgrade
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- Government pushes website blocks to fight piracy