net applications - News, Features, and Slideshows
Users of Internet Explorer (IE) were in no hurry last month to discard older versions, even after Microsoft told them that their browsers will drop off the support list in early 2016.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 September, 2014 23:38
Google's Chrome browser last month broke the 20% user share bar for the first time, according to Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 August, 2014 01:23
Windows 8's uptake was stuck in reverse for the second quarter in a row.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 August, 2014 03:48
Microsoft has managed to reverse years of sometimes-sharp decline in Internet Explorer's user share and revive interest in the browser it bundles with Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 20:33
By making Windows 9, aka "Threshold," free, Microsoft will be able to push more than half of all Windows 8 users to the upgrade within a matter of months, an analysis of user share data shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 September, 2014 03:42
Windows 8's uptake came unstuck last month and shoved into a forward gear for the first time since May, but the OS trailed Windows Vista's tempo of six years ago, according to data published Monday.
By Gregg Keizer | 02 September, 2014 22:05
Mozilla's Firefox is in danger of becoming irrelevant as more browsing originates on smartphones and tablets, statistics from Net Applications show.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 May, 2014 22:31
Lowering the price of an operating system upgrade boosts its uptake five-fold, but pushing it out for free speeds uptake as much as 12 times, data from an analytics company shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 March, 2014 20:48
By offering their latest operating systems for free, Microsoft and Apple have accelerated the adoption pace of their newest OSes, according to data released by analytics firm Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 February, 2014 18:17
This whitepaper provides some frequently asked questions and important insights about private clouds, to help organisations discover how private clouds add value while maintaining simplicity, enabling automation and driving self-service.
- NTT DoCoMo launches sensor-laden kids' watch
- Apple's iPhone will go on sale in China on Oct. 17
- Greens seek to limit ASIO hacking powers
- Privacy Commissioner battles Bash vulnerability
- EPIC seeks enforcement action over Arizona data breaches
- China clears iPhone 6 for sale only after security tweaks
- Kaspersky Lab appoints new APAC managing director
- Smart Sparrow wins Gates e-learning grant
- First wave of .melbourne domain names go live tomorrow
- Bernard Geoghegan takes Digital Realty Trust APAC reins
- Apple patches Bash vulnerability in OS X
- Ingogo raises $9 million from Australian investors, crowdfunding
- Telstra to trial public Wi-Fi network in November
- Victoria State Emergency Service extends Pacnet contract
- Second cyberattack hits SuperValu grocery stores' payment systems