netbook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or a list of specs to tell you what you should buy.
By Patrick Miller | 24 June, 2011 02:16
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
By Jared Newman | 22 December, 2009 04:20
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
By Agam Shah | 08 May, 2009 10:31
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
Mobile devices present a unique dilemma to the enterprise. On the one hand, workers empowered with tablets and smartphones can transform the way they do business; they’re more agile, closer to customers and more productive. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs give users the freedom to work on the devices of their own choosing, while still allowing an enterprise to reap the productivity benefits of these always connected, readily accessible mobile devices.
- Why Google wants to replace Gmail
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Wireless price war's good for consumers, but challenges carriers
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- Researcher works to make 3D-printed metals stronger, customizable
- Court shuts down alleged PC tech support scam
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet