netbook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Tablets, netbooks, smartphones--these days, you can't buy a microwave without being upsold on the touchscreen, app-store model. But when you're picking out your preferred mobile tech for work (or even for play), you can't rely on a features chart or a list of specs to tell you what you should buy.
By Patrick Miller | 24 June, 2011 02:16
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
By Jared Newman | 22 December, 2009 04:20
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
By Agam Shah | 08 May, 2009 10:31
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
- Microsoft and IBM keep the pressure on Amazon's cloud
- Cloud provider pits 6TB hard drives in real-world face off
- 4 top Android Wear watches: A hands-on guide
- Chinese Android phone maker hides secret backdoor on its devices
- IBM detects skin cancer more quickly with visual machine learning
- ICANN data compromised in spearphishing attack
- US agency sues Sprint for alleged unauthorized charges
- BlackBerry's new Classic smartphone has a physical keyboard, sells for $449
- Microsoft's $84 million man: What's Nadella done to earn it?
- Top five smartphone disappointments of the year
- Is there life on Mars? Mystery (and hope) deepen
- Microsoft helps crack developer problems with Bing-based tool
- Salesforce connects SharePoint files to its cloud with new tool
- Netflix wins Dutch patent suit, can keep operating as usual
- Sony high-res OLED screen attaches to any eyewear