Network management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Network management in pictures
Ross Derewianko is a systems administrator for <a href="https://www.pingidentity.com/en.html">Ping Identity</a>, a maker of cross-platform identity management and security software. We spoke to him on <a href="http://sysadminday.com/about-sysadmin-day/sysadwhat/">SysAdmin Day</a> to get his thoughts on the holiday and on his job.
By Jon Gold | 01 August, 2015 04:30
Lame jokes about IT support have been around since businesses started using computers, flying in both directions users are dumb, IT is lazy, "did you actually plug it in," "did you try turning it off and turning it back on again," and so on.
By Jon Gold | 16 June, 2015 00:04
The confluence of mobile, social and big data trends are driving a tectonic transformation and businesses that do not change with these trends will be left behind, analysts from research firm IDC said at Interop 2015.
By Brandon Butler | 30 April, 2015 04:07
This week's Interop agenda includes more than 125 sessions covering topics as wide ranging as a status update on the latest trends in software defined networking (SDN) to tips for new application development and delivery methods, infrastructure management, and the pervasive issues of security and mobile workers.
By Brandon Butler | 28 April, 2015 23:21
Managing modern networked systems and applications is daunting because infrastructure is complex and things can go wrong in so many parts of the technology stack -- servers, storage, network devices, applications, hypervisors, APIs, DNS, etc. How can you address the challenge?
By By Ernest Mueller, APM Product Manager, Idera Software | 05 June, 2015 06:26
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
By Jon L. Jacobi | 10 December, 2010 02:33
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
By Logan G. Harbaugh | 27 October, 2011 08:27
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server adds innovative features and a new low price tag, but cuts in services and the elimination of advanced GUI administration tools may force some enterprise departments to think twice about the role of Mac servers on their networks.
By John Rizzo | 25 July, 2011 23:40
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along with any network infrastructure needed to receive IPv6 traffic.
By Keir Thomas | 13 January, 2011 09:55
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on sexual assault-related charges. The fact that WikiLeaks remains stubbornly and defiantly online holds some lessons for other sites when it comes to resilience and survivability.
By Tony Bradley | 09 December, 2010 07:29
Whitepapers about Network management
This case study looks at how Cricket Tasmania was able to enhance guest experience, promote and develop cricket in Tasmania and cope with increasingly-concentrated demand on their network.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
This eBook provides a broad overview of micro-segmentation in the data centre. After reading this , you’ll have a good basic understanding of micro-segmentation — like you’d get from a college-level 101 class, but far more interesting than Microbiology 101 or Microeconomics 101 (and not as difficult either)!
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- House bill would prevent patchwork of state laws banning smartphone encryption
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge