Network management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Network management in pictures
Riverbed tacked three new software modules onto its SteelCentral network management product today, broadening the features already available through that framework.
By Jon Gold | 11 August, 2014 23:22
F5 Networks CEO John McAdam said Tuesday at his company's Agility conference in New York that, in essence, the future of IT is complicated, confusing and riddled with security threats - and that's a good thing.
By Jon Gold | 06 August, 2014 07:00
This column is available in a weekly newsletter called IT Best Practices. Click here to subscribe.
By Linda Musthaler | 19 July, 2014 00:56
SevOne, a manufacturer of network performance management hardware and software, announced today that it has integrated technology from its recent acquisition of RapidEngines into a new performance log appliance offering.
By Jon Gold | 17 June, 2014 01:37
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
By Jon L. Jacobi | 10 December, 2010 02:33
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
By Logan G. Harbaugh | 27 October, 2011 08:27
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server adds innovative features and a new low price tag, but cuts in services and the elimination of advanced GUI administration tools may force some enterprise departments to think twice about the role of Mac servers on their networks.
By John Rizzo | 25 July, 2011 23:40
Major Websites are to test Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) by participating in World IPv6 Day, scheduled for June 8. Google, Facebook, and Yahoo, among others, have agreed to ensure that IPv6 entrances to their sites will be available, along with any network infrastructure needed to receive IPv6 traffic.
By Keir Thomas | 13 January, 2011 09:55
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on sexual assault-related charges. The fact that WikiLeaks remains stubbornly and defiantly online holds some lessons for other sites when it comes to resilience and survivability.
By Tony Bradley | 09 December, 2010 07:29
Whitepapers about Network management
When IT organizations set up private cloud computing environments, it creates a new set of network monitoring challenges that traditional network management tools are unable to address. This white paper details how network management can go beyond just looking at the performance of individual nodes or components to providing holistic Business Service Monitoring (BSM) capabilities.
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
This whitepaper discusses the reasons and trends that are encouraging more companies to move towards implementing virtual desktops throughout their organisations. • Users are increasingly using smartphones and tablets to access enterprise applications • The reasons for the trends toward virtual desktop is threefold • Securing data, managing devices, and offering a rich end-user experience are top priorities
- Aussie university teams take to the ocean for robot challenge
- Enterprise must shake core to be innovative: Telstra
- NASA's Mars orbiters survive comet flyby and sneak once-in-a-lifetime peek
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- Former AAPT CEO joins Nextgen Networks
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
- Dropbox used for convincing phishing attack
- IBM 'major announcement' points to deal on chip manufacturing
- NBN: Is your suburb getting FTTN?
- In Pictures: ITworld cartoons 2014 - The year in geek humour, Part 1
- In Pictures: Apple's most important iPad, iMac, OS X Yosemite, and other announcements last week
- Obama orders chip-and-PIN in government credit cards
- Snapchat rolling out non-'creepy' ads that still might get creepy
- Apple's iPad Air 2 chip paves the way for new devices
- Startup offers a big-data storyteller