network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Wireless price war's good for consumers, but challenges carriers
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- Researcher works to make 3D-printed metals stronger, customizable
- Court shuts down alleged PC tech support scam
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data