network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Network World tested hundreds of products in 2013, but here are our top 10 tests of the year. In order to make the list, the product review had to be a comparative test of multiple products in a single category and it had to break new ground or deliver fresh insight into an important product area.
By Neal Weinberg | 11 December, 2013 11:23
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
This IDC Vendor Spotlight examines how enterprises and service providers can tap on next-generation application delivery solutions to increase the availability of applications to end users.
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Apple losing its grip as top tablet company
- Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?
- Qualcomm: Interoperability, community keys to wearable technology success
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- EBay faces class action suit over data breach
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement