network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
Although government agencies invest large sums of money into their IT defenses, an unknowing user can help adversaries dethrone even the most regal of security systems, that's why proper precautions are needed in expanding your mobile strategies. Read more
- NFC chip implants: First Apple, now this guy
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
- Microsoft releases first Windows 10 update, starts testing fast-paced delivery system
- Broadband boost: G.fast testing lab, consortium to foster 100G over copper
- NASA orbiter and rover send back first looks at comet Siding Spring
- Samsung now producing 32GB DRAM modules, 128GB to follow
- Google uses Songza to update Play Music app
- Topcoder now has 3,700 Swift devs
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3
- Rimini Street's practices remain 'suspect,' Oracle alleges