network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Nippons business situation: BUSINESS SITUATION NLM wanted to be able to quickly and securely recover IT operations in case of a failure or disaster. With more than 100 vital systems, efficient backups were a prime necessity. Download this case study today
- Charter reportedly close to $55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- DHS data centre consolidation almost completed
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- In Pictures: The 8 things we’re looking for at Google I/O 2015
- In Pictures: Hot stuff - The coolest drones
- Hacked Adult Friend Finder database offered for $17,000
- Design thinking, agile development at heart of building control system
- CSIRO opens $6m metal 3D printing centre
- Telstra, Racing Victoria sign 10-year partnership
- Apple to wind back the clock to '09 with focus on quality, not features, in next OS X
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill