network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
New attack types combine known and unknown threats to exploit “unknown” vulnerabilities. Attackers are also hiding malware inside documents, websites, hosts and networks. These attacks have many purposes such as financial and ideological motives. They focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity, or damaging a company’s reputation.
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- NEC aims at Big Data 'sweet spot' with new SAP Hana tool
- Uber will fight to keep its Boston ride data private
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Brief: Tesla boosts 0-60 acceleration with over-the-air software upgrade
- AT&T will pay $18.2B as top bidder in mobile spectrum auction
- BMW cars found vulnerable in Connected Drive hack
- Twitter's Vine Kids app is not just for kids
- Apple puts the big hurt on Samsung
- Google Glass holds promise but requires a 'reset'
- Microsoft updates cloud-based SQL Server to simplify management
- Intuit backpedals from TurboTax changes after upgrade uproar
- Can't keep this bad boy down: ZeroAccess botnet back in business