network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Senate backs Ludlam on data retention costs
- Merchants welcome Square to Australia
- Report: Samsung's head of TVs may be asked to revitalize mobile business
- Webcam snooper now looking for a job
- Telstra targets government with secure cloud offer
- Australia, Canada, UK and China weigh in on Insecam privacy issue
- Traces of Regin malware may date back to 2006
- Analyst, Vodafone cast doubt on likelihood of telco's sale
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Spliddit: Algorithms to divide the rent, stuff, or credit fairly between people
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Black Friday: Newegg axes prices on laptops, desktops, tablets and more
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google