network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Some cloud storage providers who hope to be on the leading edge of cloud security adopt a "zero-knowledge" policy in which vendors say it is impossible for customer data to be snooped on. But a recent study by computer scientists at Johns Hopkins University is questioning just how secure those zero knowledge tactics are.
By Brandon Butler | 21 April, 2014 20:10
An MIT research team next month will show off a networked system of flash storage devices they say beats relying on DRAM and networked hard disks to handle Big Data demands.
By Bob Brown | 30 January, 2014 16:20
Microsoft will let its foreign cloud customers decide what country their data is stored in as a way to avoid local laws that might compromise their data privacy, the company's top lawyer says.
By Tim Greene | 23 January, 2014 23:03
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Mid-market companies are growing faster than enterprises, making mobile productivity even more crucial. Good Technology surveyed 400+ mid-market organizations to ascertain what they’re doing with mobility, and why MDM and mobile email are only the beginning. Get the results in this research report and see how your organization stacks up.
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
- ASIC chief calls for focus on 'cyber resilience'
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- NSW Rural Fire Service cuts travel costs by using video conferencing
- How multisig can alleviate Bitcoin consumer protection concerns
- Treat Bitcoin like currency, advocates tell Senate inquiry
- Hack the halls: Watch out for Cyber Monday scamathon
- NASA creates first 3D printed object in space
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
- Breaking up is hard to do, but HP won't look back
- New eftpos debit, credit chip cards include EMV security
- San Francisco DA pushes for chip payment cards in tech's backyard
- Adobe tries again to fix Flash vulnerability
- Cybercrime reporting site launches in Australia
- Microsoft Band customers get scrooged even before holidays start