network storage - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cisco has pulled the plug on its troubled <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2173657/lan-wan/cisco-ucs-2-0--flashy-new-data-center-servers-revealed.html">Invicta flash storage appliances</a> in another admission that an acquisition didn't pan out as hoped.
By Jim Duffy | 25 July, 2015 01:08
Mohit Aron has a tough act to follow: His previous startup, Nutanix, may be on the cusp of filing for an IPO that values the hyperconverged infrastructure company at $2.5 billion. But Aron is off to a good start with his new venture, Cohesity, which this week emerges from stealth mode with $70 million in venture funding, reference-able customers such as Tribune Media, and a focus on a potentially big market in converging the secondary storage that houses so much DevOps, data protection, analytics and other unstructured data.
By Bob Brown | 18 June, 2015 01:31
Once the dreams of science-fiction, self-driving cars will soon allow passengers to specify a destination and let the car pick the best route based on factors such as time, traffic, freeways and fuel consumption. This kind of automation for an enterprise's most precious commodity -- data -- is also soon coming to a data center near you.
By Lance Smith | 16 June, 2015 07:05
Many businesses spend a lot of time thinking about how to retain and store data, but there's another idea: Think about how to destroy your data.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 August, 2014 00:01
Amidst all the venture investments this year in startups that generate gobs of data -- from those focused on everything from apps to drones to the Internet of Things to Big Data -- are a batch of newcomers aiming to help organizations store and access all that information. Yes, storage companies are pulling in big bucks in 2015, as they did in 2014, and a couple have even double-dipped this year and announced two rounds of funding.
By Bob Brown | 12 June, 2015 01:44
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Janae Stow Lee | 06 June, 2015 04:53
Either because server disks are full or because virtualization is a natural growth path, organizations large and small are moving toward shared storage. For large enterprises, high-capacity storage-area networks make sense, but what about small or mid-sized enterprises new to shared storage?
By David Newman | 27 September, 2010 15:05
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield