networks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Juniper Networks stands to gain from the entrance of Netflix into Australia, according to executives at the networking equipment supplier.
By Adam Bender | 05 December, 2014 12:13
Australia’s telcos are busy restoring services following Tropical Cyclone Ita’s landing in Queensland over the weekend.
By Adam Bender | 14 April, 2014 13:17
Google, Facebook and Microsoft are among the heavy hitters of the tech industry that have teamed up to support a new, cloud-focused initiative called Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
By Katherine Noyes | 23 March, 2011 06:39
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
By Rick Broida | 11 August, 2010 09:10
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up shop without buying something.)
By Rick Broida | 29 July, 2010 08:22
The merging world of personal technology and workplace technology is always a fascinating scene to observe, so a lot of devices here can be utilized at home, and vice versa (see our Digital Life article for home-related tech gift ideas). But for the most part, we're confident that your work life will improve with these gadgets - peruse the writeups for gift ideas for your favorite colleague!
By Keith Shaw | 18 November, 2013 12:27
The world is almost out of IP addresses--or at least it's almost out of the IPv4 addresses that IT admins and users are most familiar with. Fortunately, IPv6 has been developed to exponentially expand the pool of available IP addresses while also providing a few other benefits.
By Tony Bradley | 26 July, 2010 01:58
Whitepapers about networks
In a world with high-demanding IT infrastructures and networks, where perimeters are no longer well defined and where threats grow more intelligent every day, we need to define the right way to protect enterprises in the ever-changing threat landscape. Download today to define your security blueprint.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy