New York Stock Exchange - News, Features, and Slideshows
Twitter's first day of trading as a public company sits in sharp contrast to Facebook's troubled and disappointing IPO a year and a half ago.
By Sharon Gaudin | 07 November, 2013 22:06
If Twitter's IPO succeeds and showers the social network with a new stockpile of cash, the site could become an even bigger threat to social media giants Facebook and Google+.
By Sharon Gaudin | 06 November, 2013 20:50
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
By Grant Gross | 18 June, 2013 17:21
Parts of New York City received mandatory evacuation notices from the governor's office as Hurricane Sandy came ashore Monday. Along with other businesses in the city's financial district, the New York Stock Exchange voluntarily shut down.
By Lucas Mearian | 29 October, 2012 14:41
The website of the New York Stock Exchange slowed down significantly twice on Monday afternoon, the day when the hacker group Anonymous was scheduled to launch a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack on the website, according to an Internet and mobile cloud monitoring company.
By John Ribeiro | 11 October, 2011 17:01
Lessons from 9/11 have helped ensure the financial services sector in New York and New Jersey is prepared for disasters, and even shorted the time to recover when regional events happen.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 October, 2012 10:14
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
This whitepaper details the results of a series of interviews conducted by IDC with 11 IT organizations, enterprises, and major service providers that deployed converged infrastructure systems based on Vblock Systems.
- Microsoft's Surface turns first profit in 2 years
- Why Google wants to replace Gmail
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Wireless price war's good for consumers, but challenges carriers
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- Researcher works to make 3D-printed metals stronger, customizable
- Court shuts down alleged PC tech support scam
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries