Nintendo - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nintendo's Wii and Wii U game consoles infringe two Philips remote control patents, the England and Wales High Court ruled Friday.
By Loek Essers | 20 June, 2014 23:40
Philips wants to ban U.S. imports and sales of Nintendo's Wii gaming consoles and controllers, alleging they infringe two of its patents.
By Loek Essers | 15 May, 2014 19:31
Nintendo won't be abandoning hardware or licensing its game titles for use on smartphones, its President Satoru Iwata told analysts in Tokyo.
By Tim Hornyak | 30 January, 2014 04:40
Nintendo has cut its earnings forecast for the year to the end of March to a net loss, citing disappointing holiday sales of its Wii U and 3DS game devices.
By Tim Hornyak | 17 January, 2014 10:16
Few people watch television alone today, even when they're by themselves. Most are gravitating toward the multi-screen experience, in which viewers keep a smartphone, tablet or laptop close by so they can access the Web while they watch TV. But as televisions become smarter and gesture-based computing evolves, viewers may be able to mount and control everything they need on the living room wall.
By Colin Neagle | 14 November, 2012 21:50
The 3D consumer electronics trend reached a boiling point today when Nintendo announced the portable 3DS gaming device, a no-glasses 3D system promising simplicity and elegance for gamers seeking a 3D experience. After getting a hands on with the new gadget at E3, there is little doubt that the era of effective and sensible 3D has finally arrived.
By David Ayala | 16 June, 2010 10:29
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
- Invoice2go scores $35 million from Silicon Valley
- ARM's new processor could usher in feature-rich robots, appliances, wearables
- Fiberlink wipes one smartphone or tablet every three minutes
- Internet of Things roundtable: Experts discuss what to look for in IoT platforms
- Gray market iPhone 6 prices plunge in China
- GoogleX to circle the Earth with Internet-connected balloons
- Ray Ozzie's Talko app stores calls in cloud, lets you search them
- Without mandatory signups, is Google+ adrift?
- Microsoft streamlines free Office for students deal
- Apple iOS 8 fixes outlined in report
- Dell's PC, tablet innovations draw attention
- Smaller Windows PC makers nip at Apple's heels in customer satisfaction
- We just might put a dent in data breaches
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Apple outsmarts the thieves